Saturday, January 13, 2024

Personal Digest Saturday: January 6 – January 12

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I sold furniture at my mom's (a bookcase and a set of shelves), and I reached a milestone: everything in my mom's house is cleared out and packed up for donation or disposal (except furniture people are buying). It's weird. When I got home I had dinner, did blogging, did some editing, and sent Polos.

  • Sunday I got my chores done (laundry, trash & recycling, unloading the dishwasher), but otherwise just relaxed. Got some photos sorted, did some reading, and read some old comics for fun.

  • Monday I got buried at work (two letters, proposal stuff, shortlists, resume updates). Argued with people on Reddit. Did Polos and made too many dishes with my cooking. Was very sad that Meg had to put her doggie Barney to sleep.

  • Tuesday I finished my proposal preparation, coordinated with teaming partners after a meeting, developed a resume for someone, and wrapped up a package for a shortlisted job. I gave a de-smokifying treatment to the last of my mom's clothes (some winter stuff I found in the back of her closet) so I can donate them. Did some editing. Worked on photo sorting. Washed a sinkful of dishes. Got one of Rebecca Sugar's songs stuck in my head freaking all day.

  • Wednesday I turned in our proposal package at work and did some reports. Talked to my lawn maintenance guy Tony and paid him for the work he's done on my mom's property since June. Did some karaoke and dealt with the de-smokified clothes. Jeaux picked me up and we ate at Which Wich, got groceries, took a walk, and watched Colbert and the last two episodes of Koisenu Futari.

  • Thursday I had a very frustrating day where communication fell through on at least half a dozen issues all at once. I couldn't get my property manager to answer me about a major maintenance issue at my house (water backing up into my showers when the washing machine runs). I couldn't get texts through to my friend Ben because his phone sucks. I couldn't coordinate with the bookkeeper at work about a task they need me to help with. I couldn't get an online merchant to answer any of my messages about a mix-up on an item. My maintenance man (for a different issue) said he'd be at my place and didn't come or notify me that he wasn't coming (found out the next day he hurt his back and couldn't come). Game night with friends started super late for various reasons. I've been trying to coordinate with a tax representative and I had missed one call from him last week and now just can't get a call back. And out of SIX people who said they'd buy furniture at my mom's, only one of them did. (One of them it wasn't the lady's fault because the chair turned out to be bigger than she wanted, but it was still frustrating.) Also found out we had to withdraw from the selection process on the job we were shortlisted for because my boss got sick. Just not a great day all around. But at least I sold a hard-to-sell item at Mom's, got some reports done, had fun at game night, worked on my comic, and sorted some photos.

  • Friday communication was in general way better--maintenance wrote back about a plumber, I found a more reliable communication option with Ben, and everything was good at work (though I was busy with reports and other obligations). Had to spend a bunch of time completing a form to receive distribution of my mom's investment account (which, um, had like $60 in it and isn't worth the trouble but we still had to do it). I got my comic done in the evening and wrapped up my walking while listening to Polos.


Interviews, Articles, Mentions: New Reviews:
Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Can't say there's been much progress but we'll see where it goes from here! High weight: 123.8. Low weight: 121.8.
  • Nutrition stuff: I am again super happy with my nutrition this week and didn't have any days that were super out of whack (even if I did have a high-fat day on Wednesday because of an avocado). Still consistently taking vitamins.
  • Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week. My low day was Wednesday at 10,103 steps, and my high day was Saturday at 14,892 steps.

Books Read: 

  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week.

  • Currently Reading: Loveless by Alice Oseman. I'm on page 336.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen.



    Stuff drawn:

    My weekly fantasy webcomic, Negative One#0974: adele #239: you have choices.


    Videos Made:

    None.

    New photos:

    None.

    Social Media Counts: 

    YouTube subscribers: 5,444 for swankivy (lost 1), 677 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 195 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change), 70 for Tides of Time Band (no change). Twitter followers: 847 for swankivy (no change), 3,873 for JulieSondra (8 new). Facebook: 299 friends for swankivy (no change), 647 likes for JulieSondra (3 new), 82 followers for Negative One (no change), 246 likes for So You Write (no change), 97 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,446 (4 new). Instagram followers: 264 (no change).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment