Sunday, October 29, 2023

Personal Digest Saturday (but posted on Sunday!): October 21 – October 27

Life news this week:

  • Saturday was my Halloween party! I got the house ready and had time for a leisurely breakfast before preparing my costume and putting out the labels for the various dishes. I managed to make my spiced apple cider without any boil-overs this year, didn't make too much of a mess filling the coolers, and everything went perfect with putting out food and preparing the house for guests. People started arriving close to 7 PM and we ended up having a total of 14 people (me, Kari, Dorian, Ben, Meghan, Adam, Dare, Jeaux, Michael, Rachael, Finch, Goose, Yasmin, and Arthur). People's costumes were great--I went as Pearl from Steven Universe. My candy corn fudge was a surprise hit and all the apple cider actually got consumed! We listened to music and hung out for a long time and the last person to leave (my friend Ben) helped me clean up the kitchen too. I got to bed about 3 AM.

  • Sunday was a nice breather--slept late and lazed around a bit. I texted with some people about Halloween and did the remaining party dishes. Did laundry and took out the trash. And got a karaoke song recorded. I put my living room furniture back how it's supposed to go and did Polos for various people. Went to bed early.

  • Monday I had no meetings and two letters, with some teaming discussions and meeting setup. After work I did my walks, set up an Ace Week event, did Polos, put away laundry, and played silly games. With lots of eating leftovers.

  • Tuesday work was a little slow so I got caught up on back-burner items. Had two meetings and some utility stuff. I worked on my webcomic since my ace event was planned for Friday and I needed it done early. Did my walking in between drawing, collected some info on asexual characters to talk about in my livestream, and reread some old blog entries.

  • Wednesday I kept getting weird spam calls. I worked on crash data and taking screenshots of speed limits for my coworker. Got excited about new Steven Universe collection items that are mysteriously still coming out at Hot Topic. Cared for plants and talked to Meg. Talked to Tony before going out with Jeaux to eat at Mandola's and grocery shop. We watched some more of Our Flag Means Death, took a walk, and caught up on Colbert.

  • Thursday we wrangled the utility stuff on our project trying to certify it. We had one marketing meeting, one debriefing, one consultant meeting. I bothered teaming partners about materials. Did some walking, worked on the livestream content, and finished coding for my webcomic. Finished and started reading a book.

  • Friday I had to go to the doctor before work and it took a lot longer than it should have (plus surprise blood work). I got back home and back to work to knock out project reports and bother people for documents. Worked on wrapping up my ace fiction list, and then after posting my comic and taking a nap, I did my Ace Week livestream for about 2 hours. Then I got my steps in and made some cupcakes for Ben's birthday (pumpkin spice with cream cheese frosting!) but I had a small disaster when I found out I didn't have any powdered sugar in the house (what??).

Interviews, Articles, Mentions:

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Obviously eating leftovers from the party all week hasn't been the best for any goals I have here, haha! I am sure I'll see some improvement when I go back to better habits. It's no big deal. High weight: 123.7. Low weight: 121.7.
  • Nutrition stuff: Protein has been very low this week since I'm eating party leftovers full of sugar and fat--but hey, pumpkin pie has pumpkin in it, right? Yeah, I did my best to still get some protein here and there but I wasn't hungry for much after eating snacky kinds of food a lot. Still consistently taking the vitamins.
  • Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week. My low day was Tuesday at 10,112 steps, and my high day was Wednesday at 10,438 steps.

Books Read: 

  • Finished Reading: Be Gay, Do Comics by Matt Bors. Five-star review.

  • Currently Reading: Loveless by Alice Oseman. I'm on page 23.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "I Hate Myself For Loving You" by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts.



    Stuff drawn:


    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0963: "Not My Business." 





    Videos Made:

    Ace Week with Swankivy 2023 - Ace Characters in Fiction - We talked about some fictional asexual characters in books and TV.



    New photos:

    Halloween Album 2023 is out, so that has everything, but here are a selection of photos from the Halloween party.


       


    Social Media Counts: 
    YouTube subscribers: 5,443 for swankivy (lost 3), 675 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 191 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change), 71 for Tides of Time Band (no change). Twitter followers: 849 for swankivy (lost 2), 3,865 for JulieSondra (8 new). Facebook: 299 friends for swankivy (1 new; became friends with Goose who came to my party), 648 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 82 followers for Negative One (no change), 245 likes for So You Write (no change), 97 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,434 (1 new). Instagram followers: 262 (no change).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment