Saturday, May 6, 2023

Personal Digest Saturday: April 29 – May 5

Life news this week:

  • Saturday the tree guys came to take my tree down. It took a couple of hours but went well, except that a pipe in my front yard got damaged (just its cap got ripped off and the pipe was dented) so I have to buy a new cap for it. Very happy to have that taken care of. I worked on my blogging and planned my writing webcomic, made some enchiladas, recorded Polos for Cara, and did some work for office stuff (reading a letter and doing some research).

  • Sunday I had to work as if it was a regular work day because we were really slammed for this presentation we were working toward on Tuesday. Had a chat with Mom in between waiting for my boss to be ready with his slides so we could review together, and we also prepared some support documents for some work we're doing with another firm. I got a letter read and also our proposal package completed, and was able to turn everything in early. And finally we got around to cleaning up slides. Finally I was able to take out my trash and do my usual Sunday chores. Got my writing webcomic posted.

  • Monday I got up early and met my co-workers in a hotel business room, where we rehearsed our presentation and finalized the slides. We also had lunch (rice bowls!). We got our stuff turned in on time and one of the guys gave me a ride home. I took a nap and woke up right before game night started. Hung out with my friends for game night and then I got some walking in and put away laundry.

  • Tuesday we had to jump right into the next presentation preparation (we have two in a row!) so I spent most of the day on that. Also had to chase some loose ends on stuff we owe other people and managed to compile materials. Chatted with Tony when he came to do my lawn. Got in a nap and some Polos and got my steps in, and recorded a karaoke song.

  • Wednesday involved long hours with the slide preparation, a utility meeting, and a marketing meeting. After work Jeaux picked me up and we were going to eat at Five Guys outside at their tables but then Jeaux got ketchup on his clothes and we had to go home instead so he could change. We ate at home and caught up on Colbert (there wasn't much to watch because of the writers' strike). Then we went back out to grocery shop. I had thrown his pants in the wash so after we got back we folded the clothes and took a walk.

  • Thursday I had the pest control guy in the morning (he is frustrated that I still haven't gotten our maintenance folks to patch up problems in the garage where rodents could be getting in). I worked on reports for my boss and finished data collection for upcoming projects, but mostly spent the day taking naps. (With all the extra hours I have put in over the weekend, I'm trying to take some away time whenever I'm not busy so I don't mess up my timesheet.) Argued with people on the internet and wrote a comic.

  • Friday I spent most of the day working on slides and crash statistics, and also timesheet stuff and reports. Had to work late to get it done, and then crammed all my comic drawing in and still managed to get my steps before midnight. Talked to my sister on Polo.
New Reviews:


Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Settled back down to about what I was dealing with the week before. I've been really stressed and not really eating a lot necessarily but opting for foods that are easily prepared and not necessarily the most nutritious. High weight: 120.3 Low weight: 118.9.
  • Nutrition stuff: I think I was carb-happy this week and definitely not doing as much with spinach as I have been trying to do in past weeks. Still consistently taking the vitamins.
  • Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week. My low day was Monday at 10,162 steps, and my high day was Saturday at 16,408 steps.

Books Read: 


    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Pepper" by the Butthole Surfers.



    Stuff drawn:



    Webcomic So You Write Issue 143: "Not For You." 









    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0938: "Simple Terms." 





    Videos Made:

    None.

    New photos:

    Remains of the tree

    Weirdo posing with a hydrant during a walk


    Social Media Counts: 

    YouTube subscribers: 5,424 for swankivy (lost 5), 680 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 171 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change), 71 for Tides of Time Band (no change). Twitter followers: 869 for swankivy (lost 1), 3,834 for JulieSondra (3 new). Facebook: 296 friends for swankivy (no change), 639 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 82 followers for Negative One (no change), 242 likes for So You Write (no change), 95 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (1 new). Tumblr followers: 2,439 (no change). Instagram followers: 256 (1 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment