Saturday, April 22, 2023

Personal Digest Saturday: April 15 – April 21

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I had wanted to go to a birthday party but decided the rideshare would just cost too much to be practical. (It was in another city.) Instead I spent the day getting steps, practicing music and ukulele, blogging, reading, and sending/listening to Polos. Then I spent the evening recording two new podcast episodes with Daria ("Gem Harvest" and "Three Gems and a Baby"). I also got some photo albums updated.

  • Sunday I got up early for band practice. Dad picked me up and we caught up on stuff on the way there. We had a surprisingly great practice considering how long we've been out of commission. We're trying out a new in-ear monitoring system which is really sweet and makes a huge difference. And then afterwards we went on a wild goose chase to find a place to have lunch. We ended up at Gecko's Grill & Pub and I had an excellent fake hamburger. Had some more lovely conversation on the way home and then at home I did my laundry and trash chores before taking a ridiculous nap. Which of course led to staying up too late, too.

  • Monday involved two letters to proofread and send out. Also had to prepare a document to take minutes for the next day's meeting. And our team got shortlisted on a project, woo-hoo. Time to work hard! After work I did Polos and put away laundry while watching videos from our band practice. Bought some stuff online and did some more work on my photo albums. Wrote my comic and played games with the online friend group. and then did a Polo for my sister.

  • Tuesday was my big utility meeting. And it was indeed big. We had to have a second follow-up meeting at which point we found out we need more meetings and plan adjustments. A lot to pull together. Also was wrangling communication with the tree guy! He came to see my broken tree and we decided on the plan--unfortunately he has to take the whole tree down. I also called my neighbor to let her know about the tree coming down because some of it fell into her yard. Then after work I ate a potato, worked on the photos page, practiced ukulele, took a walk, and drew some of the comic.

  • Wednesday was busy--worked on my data gathering for upcoming projects and went to debriefing meetings, sent invitations to teaming partners, worked on a presentation template, and did some crash analysis. Jeaux came after work and we ate outside at Vallarta's (I had a coupon!) and then grocery shopping. Finally we watched Colbert and took a walk. Nothing fancy.

  • Thursday was another super productive day at work. I finished the last of my upcoming project data gathering, went to a meeting, sent support documents for a teaming effort, attended a meeting about planning our presentation, updated my roadway characteristics inventory database, and completed all the project manager reports for two districts. AND then I did most of my timesheet to cut down on the next day's work. After work I ate a potato, finished drawing and processing my comic, and did some karaoke recording.

  • Friday was also busy at work. I handled timesheet stuff and worked on some reports. Then I went to a two-hour planning meeting and had to come up with a revised presentation template to send to everyone. Still not sure if I am going to be part of the team going to the presentation in Fort Myers. Then after I finished the reports and processed some timesheet stuff, I got some steps while doing Polos, took care of plants, and took a walk. Meghan showed up for a visit after 6. We picked up Burger 21 food and sat around chatting, then watched the movie Anchorman. She went to bed, I wrapped up my comic, and I worked on my blogging.
Interviews, Articles, Mentions:

  • I don't usually link Twitter stuff because people kinda mention me on there all the time, but this thread about my book was just particularly heartwarming. ;)
  • Singsnap for some reason featured my rendition of "Walking on Sunshine" in their Featured Spring Playlist.

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: A little better this week! Let's keep it going. High weight: 120.3. Low weight: 118.9.
  • Nutrition stuff: Did well with fruits and vegetables this week. Had a few pretty fat-heavy meals so that threw off the balance, but in general I'm keeping my choices really balanced. Still consistently taking the vitamins.
  • Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week. My low day was Sunday at 10,071 steps, and my high day was Thursday at 10,782 steps.

Books Read: 


    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "In Too Deep" by Genesis.



    Stuff drawn:



    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0936: "What Kind of Response." 





    Videos Made:


    None.


    New photos:

    None.

    Social Media Counts: 

    YouTube subscribers: 5,428 for swankivy (lost 1), 680 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 171 for Not-So-Giant Women (lost 1), 71 for Tides of Time Band (no change). Twitter followers: 872 for swankivy (no change), 3,825 for JulieSondra (62 new). Facebook: 296 friends for swankivy (lost 1, don't know who, but if I scared some TERF/transphobe off with all the trans-positive stuff I posted this week, good riddance), 639 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 82 followers for Negative One (no change), 242 likes for So You Write (no change), 94 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,440 (lost 2). Instagram followers: 255 (no change).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment