Saturday, January 14, 2023

Personal Digest Saturday: January 7 – January 13

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I got my Not-So-Giant Women latest podcast episode ready to publish, worked on my blogging, outlined the talking points for the recording for the night, and got my steps while walking around practicing music. Then I met with Daria online and we recorded our podcast episodes for "Future Boy Zoltron" and "Last One Out of Beach City." And I finished processing the photo journals for 2010 and 2009.

  • Sunday was band practice. My dad picked me up and the band practiced some songs we're still trying to get under our belts. We tried a place I'd never eaten before called Fresh Kitchen and then I went home. Did my usual laundry and trash routine, sent Polos to Meg, and got steps in while watching reactions on YouTube. And then I got my 2008 photo journal done.

  • Monday I worked on a letter and took a break for a lab appointment to get my blood taken. It went fine but later I had a very bruised arm so that was weird. After work I worked on my 2007 photo journal and did some reading. Did my walking while putting laundry away and talking to Mom. We didn't have game night because we moved it to Thursday for a while so our friend Steve can still attend (he got a gig that happens on Mondays). Didn't feel very good so I went to bed early.

  • Tuesday it got cold! I worked on teaming arrangements and utility letters and coached one of my coworkers. Made some harmony recordings to help the band with a three-part harmony thing we hope to do. Answered some messages and cleaned some of my kitchen while talking to Yasmin on the phone. Worked on my 2006 photo journal entries.

  • Wednesday I had to work on a new proposal so that took up most of the day. Then did some cleaning and photo posting and ukulele practice. Jeaux and I got food at Vallarta's and watched Colbert and took a walk. After he left I practiced ukulele more.

  • Thursday we had a meeting about the job that I'm doing utilities on. Then I worked on reports. I played DDR and then worked on some 2004 photo journals. Also cleaned my kitchen more and listened to Polos. We had our Thursday game night and everyone was there except Dare. Really funny game night! Got some drawing done too.

  • Friday I was busy with a long letter prep and team building and the proposal I got assigned. Then I had to do my upcoming project reports and timesheet stuff. After work I finished my Negative One drawings and my sister had sent me a nice long update on Polo about her Japan trip so I listened to it while getting my steps. I didn't really get anything done on my photo journals but I'm making good progress with the project it seems! And I did some reading.

Interviews, Articles, Mentions:


New Reviews:


Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Focusing on getting back into better habits. I'm getting there but I did have a lot of exposure to candy this week, and ate a lot of yummy restaurant food on Sunday and Wednesday. High weight: 121.0. Low weight: 120.3.
  • Nutrition stuff: Had some good salads and watching my protein to make sure I balance everything; much more successful this week than last. But also had too much sugar. Still consistently taking the vitamins.
  • Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week. My low day was Tuesday at 10,091 steps, and my high day was Sunday at 10,915 steps.

Books Read: 

  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week.

  • Currently Reading: You Too? by Janet Gurtler. I'm on page 246.
  • Currently Reading: Ace Notes by Michele Kirichanskaya. I'm on page 226.

    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "911" by Cyndi Lauper.



    Stuff drawn:




    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0922: "Ground Rules." 





    Videos Made:

    Not-So-Giant Women Episode 57: Reformed is out. Join Daria and Ivy as they watch and talk about "Reformed" and cover such topics as Amethyst's long-known insecurities manifesting in her physical form, how Amethyst receives and acts on Garnet's words, how interesting it was to see a conflict between Garnet and Amethyst instead of Amethyst and Pearl, Garnet's self-reflection on her role in affecting Amethyst's insecurity, how the episode might've been different if she'd been searching for the Slinker with Pearl, questions about how the Slinker got into the Temple in the first place, Amethyst's new look, the Crying Breakfast Friends parallels, what Garnet might have meant by calling Amethyst's lopsided form "unsustainable," theories on Garnet's rocket fists and whether having her Gems on her hands is a liability, theories on how Rose's final poofing might have gone, the trope of aliens using complicated vocabulary for no reason, and thoughts on Gem corruption.



    New photos:

    None.

    Social Media Counts: 

    YouTube subscribers: 5,403 for swankivy (no change), 678 for JulieSondra (1 new), 18 for v & V Vids (no change), 171 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change), 66 for Tides of Time Band (no change). Twitter followers: 876 for swankivy (lost 2), 3,446 for JulieSondra (13 new). Hive Social: 26 followers (no change). Post: 2 for juliesondra (no change). Facebook: 297 friends for swankivy (1 new, became friends with fellow ace educator/activist Cody), 637 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 81 followers for Negative One (no change), 240 likes for So You Write (no change), 93 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,437 (no change). Instagram followers: 255 (no change).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment