Sunday, December 26, 2021

Personal Digest Saturday (but posted on Sunday!): December 18 – December 24

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I got a slow start to the day because I was arguing with people on Reddit. Got my podcast stuff planned and looked up holiday recipes to plan for my holiday meal set for Christmas Eve. Got the blogging done too. Ran out of time to get all my steps in and didn't quite have enough time to finish, but it was close enough. Daria and I recorded our episodes for "Same Old World" and "Barn Mates." I looked at recipes some more after talking to her.

  • Sunday I redecorated for the solstice season. I had been planning to go to Mom's but she flaked again. Got sprayed by the water hose while I was doing maintenance on my water system. Took out trash and did laundry. Planned meals and wrote my comic. Did some dishes. Ate zucchini and spaghetti and mushrooms for a lovely very late dinner. Fell asleep when I thought I was just going to nap.

  • Monday my nephew turned 8. Wowie! Had to work on a letter at work, and other than that I did some early drawings for the comic and took a nap. Played games with friends and this time my friend Dare joined in, so we have another new face. Did some more drawing and played solitaire on my computer to relax.

  • Tuesday was low-stress at work so I was just keeping up with holiday communications and planning. Got some recipes planned and ingredient lists finalized. Jeaux came over and gave me Five Guys food that he picked up on his way back from an appointment. Got my comic drawn early and did more random card games. Mom keeps not getting her booster shot even though I had asked her to do it so she'd be safe coming to see my sister. Argh.

  • Wednesday was inexplicably super busy so I was very involved with multiple projects all day. I had to handle a bunch of stuff I wasn't familiar with regarding our geotech lab and deal with posting comments from someone's review in a system I don't know much about. But I got it done! After work Jeaux was very late. He was busy trying to solve a work problem and showed up more than 2 hours after he usually does. So by the time we were done grocery shopping, it was hard to find a place to pick up dinner! We ended up getting Five Guys again. And he helped me make a gingerbread cake!

  • Thursday my mom still hadn't gotten her shot. Oh well. Got my day started and this was Cookie Making Day. I made Christmas Fudge, Snowball Cookies, Cream Cheese Mints, and Icicle Cookies, plus I made delicious little white bean and thyme pot pies and made bread dough for rolls. Victor called me even though he'd told me he wouldn't be able to call, but I only talked to him for about half an hour. He's in some shelter. I cleaned up my kitchen after dinner and made a to-do list before bed.

  • Friday I went through my to-do list nice and slowly with plenty of time to relax in between because I'm a good planner. :) I set my bread dough out to warm up, took a shower and had breakfast, made deviled eggs and prepared my cookie platter (including frosting a cake), lit candles for nice scents and opened windows for ventilation, cued up music, prepared my rolls, and . . . then both Jeaux and my mom were late. So I just kinda waited around. Jeaux showed up first and helped me move a table, then started helping with potatoes. Lindsay and Mike showed up next and Mike helped me put the table together (I have to take it apart to move it). Lindsay helped put out the appetizers. Then when Jeaux and Mike got talking about nerdy stuff, Lindsay helped me in the kitchen and we made a sauce together. When she went out to smoke with Mike, Jeaux helped me in the kitchen making scalloped potatoes and cauliflower soup. Mom showed up three hours late but she didn't miss dinner. She brought ham. Had some nice time with my family and it was super great to finally get to see Lindsay. My mom disappeared and fell asleep DURING dinner so she didn't participate in the presents or dessert, but we all exchanged gifts and then had some sweets. After Mike and Lindsay left, Jeaux helped me clean up. Mom got up for a little while but didn't want to go home so she stayed over in the bed.

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Holiday weeks have a lot of unusual activity, so I'm not going to worry about what's going on during holidays, though I'm still going to record readings. High weight: 115.7. Low weight: 115.1.
  • Nutrition stuff: I've kept up with my vitamins, but haven't been doing much to keep any eye on my nutritional goals. I've had extra food or weird food almost every day since Tuesday, though at least some of it was pretty healthy!
  • Activity stuff: Walking goals have been met every day except when I narrowly missed it on Saturday (and I don't really count it because it was very close). My low day was Saturday at 9,391 steps, and my high day was Monday at 11,917 steps.
Books Read:
  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week.

    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "The First Cut is the Deepest" by Sheryl Crow.



    Stuff drawn:





    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0867: "If He Meets Her." 





    New videos:

    None.

    New photos:

    I have up a Christmas Eve Dinner Album here, but here are some featured photos:

                                          



    Social Media Counts: 

    YouTube subscribers: 5,356 for swankivy (no change), 673 for JulieSondra (1 new), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 133 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change). Twitter followers: 922 for swankivy (no change), 2,366 for JulieSondra (9 new). Facebook: 298 friends for swankivy (no change), 635 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 80 followers for Negative One (no change), 233 likes for So You Write (2 new), 85 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,461 (lost 3). Instagram followers: 246 (1 new).


    No comments:

    Post a Comment