Saturday, June 12, 2021

Personal Digest Saturday: June 5 – June 11

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I finally got a day to sleep in! I had a pretty leisurely day. Deleted a bunch of unnecessary e-mail and listened to the first half of a podcast I was on (my friend Derek's podcast, Where's My Jetpack?!, talking about queer stuff and Steven Universe for Pride month). Then I did Polos with Meg and P, posted some tweets and Tumblr posts, and tracked some of my tweets because they were popular. Also got a feature on Amino for my old Garnet drawing and analysis. Got my steps in, got my blogging done, and got some of the work done on my podcast for "Steven and the Stevens."

  • Sunday was a little more productive than the previous day but also a pretty chill day. I got up early and did trash and laundry, and dishes, and did the maintenance on my water system. Did some karaoke and bought some fun stuff on eBay. Looked over the next song list for the band and approved all the songs. Wrote a script for an upcoming video I want to do about oatmeal and poverty. (It'll make sense, I promise.) Did some walking and posted Not-So-Giant Women Episode 22. Followed my popular tweets some more and reread old Internet stuff. Updated some website stuff that had been out of date for years.

  • Monday I had to get up early for a meeting. Did a bunch of work on my Pasco County proposal. Plus some timesheet stuff and small fires to put out. I had a utility meeting scheduled but the lady I was meeting with was having computer issues so we postponed. After work I took a walk and then played Jackbox games with my friends. Did some more walking and more work on my oatmeal script.

  • Tuesday I got up early for a meeting that didn't happen. Spent most of the day on the Pasco proposal again and also had the utility meeting. We got a lot of stuff talked about and I needed to make a bunch of revisions to documents I'd prepared so we scheduled to meet up on Thursday. Had to work until 7 to get everything done. Didn't get enough walking done. Mom came over shortly before dark and I fixed some whole wheat linguine with mushrooms and fake ground beef and we ate together. I stayed up late talking to her and put away my laundry after she fell asleep on my couch.

  • Wednesday we had to get up super early because it was the day of Mom's cataract surgery! We got a Lyft car to take us to Tarpon Springs and everything went smoothly, and we were on time. (I'm sure she doesn't hear that phrase often!) I had to leave her when they took her back because they're only letting patients in still. I had brought some drawing supplies so I got a couple frames drawn while sitting on a weird concrete pedestal I found outside some nearby community. Then I trekked back to the eye place to use the restroom and embarked on a two-mile walk to a cool 50s diner. I had some breakfast there and then walked two miles back. I got sunburned! But then by the time I got back she was still in pre-op! What the heck. Eventually they called me back and had me help her understand the instructions for post-op care. She was her usual self and was just grumpy that she'd been without a smoke for a while. We were released, went outside to have her smoke, and got a Lyft back to Tampa, where our driver tried to get us to take our masks off and lectured us on the dangers of vaccines. Wow. When we got home I had a shower and a nap and Mom just chilled for a while until Jeaux showed up. He took her home and we went out to Beef O'Brady's before going to grocery shop. After, we watched some Colbert and he left early so I could sleep. But then I ended up signing on to my work computer and did 2 hours of work before going to bed at 1:30 AM.

  • Thursday I had a slow morning until my utility meeting, where we went over my documents and everything was fine. We had to upload to the utility system and it took a while but it was all smooth. I took some breaks to do Polos and after work I read mail and played games to wind down. Victor called and we talked while I took walks and drew comics.

  • Friday work was pretty chill and I spent the day on Pasco County proposal editing again. Did some transcription and some meetings and utility stuff too. After work I did some Polos for Meggie and drew the rest of the comic. Victor randomly called me and it turned out he wanted me to buy him a pizza again. I took a walk and talked to Jeaux. And that was it!
Interviews, Articles, Mentions:




New Reviews:

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Nothing's really changed from last week. I'd like to just get so I'm not going above 110 anymore so maybe I just need to avoid snacking at night as much. High weight: 112.6 pounds. Low weight: 110.4.
  • Nutrition stuff: Am again really not doing a great job with fruits and vegetables. I really should be able to get this up!
  • Activity stuff: Regularly making my walking quota unless there's some weird circumstances, like when my mom came over after a busy work day so I couldn't make time to walk before she got there. I made my quota every day except Tuesday. My low day was Tuesday at 5,861 steps, and my high day was Wednesday at 15,332 steps.
Reading progress:

  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week. 
  • Currently reading: Six Characters in Search of an Author and Other Plays by Luigi Pirandello. I'm on page 49.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "When I Come Around" by Green Day.



    Stuff Drawn:




    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0838: "Like Braiding." 




    New videos:

    Not-So-Giant Women #22: Steven and the Stevens is out. Join Daria and Ivy as they watch and talk about "Steven and the Stevens" and cover such topics as Daria's thoughts on Doctor Who time travel versus Steven Universe time travel, comparisons to the pilot episode, Steven dying onscreen 60 times, whether Ivy should make meanie zucchini with linguine, the annoyingness of spoilers, Ivy's cosplay to cover songs, comparisons to Indiana Jones, discussions of "girl" TV shows, the fat boat, Amethyst being "down for whatever," the Gems' instruments, and whether all these shrines, temples, and spires might have religious significance.





    New photos:

    Lion dress

    Lion dress

    Breakfast at 1950s diner


    Social Media Counts:
    YouTube subscribers: 5,293 for swankivy (1 new), 671 for JulieSondra (lost 1), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 125 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change). Twitter followers: 929 for swankivy (2 new), 1,704 for JulieSondra (75 new). Facebook: 300 friends for swankivy (no change), 632 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 76 likes for Negative One (no change), 227 likes for So You Write (no change), 86 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (1 new). Tumblr followers: 2,461 (lost 2). Instagram followers: 233 (no change).


    No comments:

    Post a Comment