Saturday, June 26, 2021

Personal Digest Saturday: June 19 – June 25

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I spent the day photographing my SU apparel and setting up a cool post about it. And my friend Victor got out of the hospital and went home but had lost his keys so I had to help him with a locksmith, poor guy. But his phone wasn't turned back on yet so I didn't hear from him. Did my blogging and talked on the phone and Marco Polo to my sister, Meg, Jeaux, and Mom. Made some breadsticks to eat with Father's Day food. Got anxious over crappy interaction in a Facebook group.

  • Sunday I woke up early because a health worker called about Victor trying to get a hold of him but his phone was still off. I got up after that and made some pizza dough so it could have time to rise before my dad arrived. He arrived right on time because he is one of the most punctual people on Earth. We caught up on our lives while the pizzas were finishing, and we sat down to a lovely lunch of pizza, breadsticks, and salad. Then afterwards we practiced some songs together where he played piano and I sang. It was a great Father's Day. After he left I had a lot of day left to fill so I did chores and even managed to get some karaoke in even though I'd done plenty of singing that day. Also texted with my sister L who listened to our songs and liked them.

  • Monday I got up early for a work meeting but it got canceled. After some administrative organizing, I had to run a meeting for the utilities on one of the projects I'm doing. We got through it and I took notes. Then I had to read and submit a letter. Pretty eventful work day! I took a nap after that and got up to play games with my friends. Then I put away laundry and talked on Marco Polo.

  • Tuesday was a chillish day. I didn't have a lot of pressing work items to address besides ordering lunch for an interview team and finalizing my meeting minutes. Did some more Polos and resting. Then I redecorated for midsummer and talked to Victor's sister on Facebook.

  • Wednesday was another pretty chillish day. Did some proposal preparation and had to get my toilet fixed so the plumber came. I did some Polos for Meg and later Jeaux came over and took me to Applebee's. We did our grocery shopping after and watched Owl House and Colbert.

  • Thursday I had a couple meetings and worked on a database. Wrote my comic. Did a funny drawing based on a typo I made (there is a Steven Universe character named "Pink Diamond" and I typoed her name as "Oink Diamond" so I decided to draw her as a pig). And then unexpectedly I heard from Victor! His phone was turned back on. He gave me the rundown of his crazy first week home. He's having a rough time. After I got off the phone with him I had some wine, finished the Oink Diamond drawing, and went to bed after sending some Polos.

  • Friday was another chill work day--have been getting lucky with those! I did some updates on a letter and some database updates. Got my comic finished early because I wanted to have my time free for a special online event featuring Rebecca Sugar and Ian Jones-Quartey who made Steven Universe. I chatted with Jeaux before the event, and enjoyed watching the presentation. (I wrote up the details for the Internet.) And I sent a couple messages to my sister and Meg.
New Reviews:

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: I ended up with a lot of extra pizza and breadsticks from Father's Day so uhhhh I ate a lot of pizza and breadsticks. Other than that at the beginning of the week I did pretty well eating vegetables and salads and spinach smoothies, so even though I was eating heavier than usual, I was eating good stuff mostly. High weight: 113.5 pounds. Low weight: 110.9.
  • Nutrition stuff: This week I diversified my diet a lot! I had spinach, mushrooms, zucchini, salad, and bananas. I think I still need to eat more fruit.
  • Activity stuff: I missed my 10K quota on Sunday and Tuesday, but I was only a few steps short on Tuesday so it doesn't count much. Coming in a little low when I was sluggish from pizza and spent a lot of time hanging out with my dad was an acceptable sacrifice. :) My low day was Sunday at 8,731 steps, and my high day was Thursday at 17,304 steps.
Reading progress:

  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week. 
  • Currently reading: Six Characters in Search of an Author and Other Plays by Luigi Pirandello. I'm on page 57.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" by Guns N' Roses.



    Stuff Drawn:

    Oink Diamond






    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0838: "Interdimensional Carrot." 




    New videos:

    None this week.



    New photos:

    SU apparel

    More SU apparel

    Pride!


    A musical Father's Day!



    Social Media Counts:
    YouTube subscribers: 5,294 for swankivy (2 new), 670 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 126 for Not-So-Giant Women (1 new). Twitter followers: 928 for swankivy (no change), 1,812 for JulieSondra (8 new). Facebook: 301 friends for swankivy (1 new--friended someone who asked from a group), 633 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 77 likes for Negative One (no change), 228 likes for So You Write (1 new), 86 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,461 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 232 (1 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment