Saturday, December 26, 2020

Personal Digest Saturday: December 19 – December 25

Life news this week:

  • Biggest news of the week is that I lost a friend to Covid. My friend Brendon died Christmas morning. Here is a fundraiser for his family. (I'm running it.)

  • Saturday I managed to get some light cleaning done in preparation of my Christmas gathering. I talked to my mom and later Meghan on the phone while doing my cleaning and made some Polos for my sister. I got a new low for my weight goal, did my blogging, and got all my holiday decorating done. I'm a champ! Oh, and I squeezed in arguing with a dork in a cartoon nerd group.

  • Sunday was another good day. I finally made my weight goal of 110 pounds, so now I will essentially be switching to maintenance mode . . . whatever that turns out to be. I did my laundry, did karaoke, addressed some e-mail, and made a silly birthday video for my nephew Ash who turned seven on this day. I also took out the trash and framed my Beach City poster. And I wrote up my thoughts on the SU DVD and posted them. I started work on subtitling my video with Daria as well.

  • Monday I went back to work for a short week. Had so much to do but I did it all! Made shipping labels, drafted bump letters for a utility coordination thing in Hernando County, called a utility for another project, and edited two letters, plus timesheets. After work I talked to the man who mows my lawn, Tony, for a long time. Then I played games with my friends, hung my Beach City poster, and fell asleep early.

  • Tuesday work was very busy again. Had a meeting and found out my role on the next interview might be more substantial. And I worked hard on some transcripts but the recordings were terrible. Spent the day dealing with that and some spreadsheets for my co-worker. After work I did a little cleaning and then we had an early Jeaux day so we could try to avoid too many crowds at the grocery store. He and I shopped, ate frozen food again, and made peppermint cookies together. After he left I made red velvet crinkle cookies too.

  • Wednesday was the last day before a four-day weekend. I did more transcript stuff and had a meeting, plus some research. After work I spent a really long time working on my comic. Not sure why I put so much attention into the drawings. At least they're really good this week. (I was finishing early because Christmas is Friday.) I also drew my nephew's latest original character in my style and sent it to him. Oh, and I received a copy of the game I helped promote and edit earlier this year; Beach-A-Palooza's final version arrived. My name is in the credits for Special Thanks! Cool! I didn't get to any cookie baking.

  • Thursday I had off for Christmas Eve, though I checked in with my e-mail once. Then I got to work on baking! First I made eggnog cookies while joking around with my friend Steve in texts. I showed my sister the cookies on a Polo. Then I made snowball cookies and snickerdoodle bars. Victor still called me and we chatted while I was making the dough for my cheesy bread and my gingerbread. After we finished our call, I made the frostings for the bars and the peppermint cookies and did a little kitchen prep.

  • Friday I woke up to Meghan's text that just said "Brendon died." We'd thought he'd been a little better but evidently not. So after some crying and texting and setting up a fundraiser for him, I determined that I was still having people over and went on to post my comic, run the dishwasher, bake the cheesy bread, and jump into party prep.

  • I made a cauliflower bake with feta cheese, a pan of vegan scalloped potatoes, fried zucchini, and the cheese bread. I also put together a cranberry punch with really picturesque garnish. My guests were Mom, Victor, and Jeaux, who live in isolation primarily and do not work outside the home or go out. So they were safe to be around (like me). We all cared about Meghan and Brendon so the night was really difficult, but it was good to be around them. Surprisingly, ALL of the food was delicious and every single thing went right. Mom brought brisket and wine so the boys had some meat and I drank the wine. Later Mom fell asleep and we all played the Beach-A-Palooza game. I also got lots of nice presents and we all exchanged gifts. Everyone left at about 2 AM. Wow!

Interviews, Articles, Mentions:

Food Plan Update:

  • I made it to 110 pounds this week. I actually went a little below that and ended up at 109.5 for a few days, but I've ended the week back up so I'm still going to post this stuff until I'm feeling like this is consistent or whatever. I'm going to focus on maintenance--continue trying to do 10,000 steps per day, continue to monitor my food for now since I seem to do better when I document (for now), and working to make better choices as to what I eat and portion sizes.
  • Here are this week's charts.



Reading progress:

  • Finished Reading: I did not make time for reading anything this week.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Where's the Party" by Madonna. The recorder is still going through some stuff trying to adjust to the move away from Flash so hopefully you can still see this.



    Stuff Drawn:

    Doodle of one of Ash's original characters, in my style





    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0815: "Waiting for Ten."





    New videos: 

    Daria's interview video is processed but she hasn't approved its publication and I haven't done the subtitling, so maybe next week.


    New photos:

    Put up my Beach City poster

    Put up my movie bonus poster

    New completed game!

    Kidding around pretending a baking book is sexy with a centerfold

    Cheesy pull-apart bread

    Ridiculous cookie platter with 5 cookie types, all homemade

    Homemade gingerbread

    Cranberry Christmas punch

    Vegan scalloped potatoes


    Baked cauliflower with feta spread


    Fried zucchini


    Group at Christmas dinner!

    One of each dessert on my plate

    Playing Beach-A-Palooza



    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,288 for swankivy (no change), 668 for JulieSondra (1 new), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 110 for Not-So-Giant Women (lost 1). Twitter followers: 939 for swankivy (no change), 1,358 for JulieSondra (lost 3). Facebook: 299 friends for swankivy (no change), 629 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 73 likes for Negative One (no change), 224 likes for So You Write (no change), 85 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,474 (no change). Instagram followers: 235 (5 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment