Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Wednesday Factoid: Movie Title

Today's Wednesday Factoid is: What movie title describes your life?



😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

(It's funny because it's true)

Okay, in all seriousness I actually was pretty annoyed with that movie because even though it had some nerd-positive stuff in it, it ultimately showed this guy "growing up" by getting rid of collectibles and stuff because he found a lady who would deign to have sex with him, even though he also kinda fought back against that mindset for some of the movie too, and . . . okay I'm not going to have a rant about this movie when the question is about what movie title, not what movie, describes your life.


How about instead of that, we do Stranger Than Fiction?


It is actually a really good movie besides being a good description of my life I guess? I have a lot of stuff relating to fiction in my everyday life, but to be honest I don't necessarily think my life is particularly strange. It's just that a lot of other people seem to, and even though it actually ISN'T THAT WEIRD to live by yourself and be happy doing art and writing and music but not really going out much, not having a romantic partner, not having pets, and not being lonely . . . it's largely the media and stories about humanity that tells us what I want is weird. Fiction would have you think my life is empty, and fairy tales have been demonizing unmarried and childless women as bitter and disgusting and dangerous for centuries, but my real life? It's not like that at all.

But I write some pretty weird fiction so maybe this is not appropriate at all. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment