Saturday, August 13, 2016

Personal Digest Saturday: August 6 – August 12

Life news this week: 
  • Even though it was no fun going back to work after vacation, it helped that I had awesome cartoons to watch. :) Like, imagine you're a football person and the Super Bowl is a huge exciting event for you. Then imagine it goes on every day for a month. Except it's only 11 minutes long. That's what this month has been. It's weird and distracting.
  • Saturday I had to pack up my stuff and leave with my friends. We did some toy shopping, and then Meggie and Katelyn had to leave to go visit her mom and go back to Jacksonville. I processed pictures for most of the free time that day and did my blogging. Then just watched cartoon reactions on YouTube.
  • Sunday was a nice lazy day, though I did a bunch of stuff too--laundry, karaoke, drawings, unpacking. I talked to my sister and Mom, made some tofu, and just decompressed, I guess.
  • Monday I dug myself out of a ditch at work, but it wasn't too bad at all--I finished my backlog of stuff the same day. Then I went shopping, went to Jeaux's house for Steven Universe double episodes "Beta" and "Earthlings" (holy crap, "Earthlings" was intense!), and then watched Jeaux play the new video game No Man's Sky over Skype. He has been excited about this game for more than a year and now he can finally play. YAY! Also a poster I special-ordered came--a limited edition Steven Universe art print. Gotta get that framed.
  • Tuesday was kind of a joke. I played a bunch of silly online quizzes. At Jeaux's, we had more pizza and watched "Back to the Moon" (another really good episode!) and the season finale to the first season of Wrecked. Then I went home and hung out with my mom. We had some pasta and I put some of her cool dishes up for sale on eBay. Oh, and I bought some toys online.
  • Wednesday I bought more toys and had more down time, ate at PDQ with Jeaux (I had a grilled cheese!), watched the episode "Bubbled," and hung out with Jeaux longer than usual because he was on vacation so he didn't have to run off to work. I did some more drawings.
  • Thursday was a little busy at work. At Jeaux's I ate popcorn and watched him play his video game until cartoons came on. We watched the episode "Kindergarten Kid" and I went home, talked to Mom, and talked to Victor on the phone while finishing up the comic.
  • Friday I did a bunch of business development stuff at the office, then watched "Know Your Fusion" at Jeaux's while eating an entire bag of cheese popcorn. Then I went home and posted my comic and didn't do much but talk about cartoons online and hang around being a dork. I have gotten tired early every day this week, and I keep waking up early too. Isn't that the opposite of what vacation is supposed to do?

New reviews of my book:
Interviews, Features, Mentions:
Reading progress:
  • Finished this week: Nothing. See above notes about comparing cartoons to the Super Bowl.
  • Currently reading: Dumplin' by Julie Murphy.
    New singing performances:

    This week's performance was "Walk This World" by Heather Nova



    New drawings:

    Did a bunch of more-detailed-than-usual drawings to celebrate the last week of Summer of Steven episodes. These were each drawn as sort of "guesses" about each episode's content focus, so I could use them in my Facebook posts to talk about episodes.

    Day 16: Peridot and Lapis being nerds,
    with Amethyst and Steven in the background.
    Episodes: "Beta" and "Earthlings."
    Day 17: Rubies going to the moon!
    Episode: "Back to the Moon."
    Day 18: Steven in a bubble.
    Episode: "Bubbled."
    Day 19: Peridot determined to conquer a monster in the Kindergarten.
    Episode: "Kindergarten Kid."
    Day 20: Garnet and Pearl opposite Amethyst and Steven,
    with their Fusions silhouetted behind them.
    Episode: "Know Your Fusion."



    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0587: "Not For You."






    New videos:

    None!

    New photos:

    My shirt for Day 16 of the marathon, watching "Beta" and "Earthlings."
    My new limited edition poster.
    Jeaux playing No Man's Sky while I watch on Skype.
    My shirt for Day 17 of the marathon, watching "Back to the Moon."
    My shirt for Day 18 of the marathon, watching "Bubbled."
    My shirt for Day 19 of the marathon, watching "Kindergarten Kid."
    My shirt for Day 20 of the marathon, watching "Know Your Fusion."
    Social Media counts:
     
    YouTube subscribers: 5,352 for swankivy (no change), 583 for JulieSondra (4 new). Twitter followers: 821 for swankivy (9 new), 1,273 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 291 friends (lost 1? or maybe a certain person deactivated again?) and 201 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 637 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 125 likes for So You Write (1 new). Tumblr followers: 2,464 (lost 3). Instagram followers: 82 (2 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment