Saturday, August 27, 2016

Personal Digest Saturday: August 20 – August 26

Life news this week: 
  • Saturday I spent a bunch of time reading and processing Internet stuff. Then Eric came to pick me up for Drink and Draw and first we went to the Mini Doughnut Factory, which was new to me. We got a box of six donuts and each ate three, and then we had a great Drink and Draw! I got so much drawn there--finished my So You Write comic for next month, finished a sketch dump of pictures of Amethyst, and started a sketch of Garnet and Peridot because I'm a nerd. Eric drove me home and crashed at my place.
  • Sunday I went toy shopping, put a bunch of my mom's stuff on eBay for her, wrote a little bit of e-mail, and spent a bunch of time coloring my Drink and Draw sketch. Man, it came out much better than most of my drawings!
  • Monday was back to work. I was prepared for a rough week but in some ways it wasn't as bad as I expected and in other ways it was worse. I had a TON of stuff to do to help my team prepare for an interview and then ON TOP OF THAT I had three proposals to kickstart by myself. (I usually have a lot of help with them and just handle the administrative aspects, but this time I had to organize the content too and it was kinda like being tossed in the deep end.) I came in early and worked late almost every day of the week. All I did after work was clean up my drawing and post it, then be silly on the Internet.
  • Tuesday at work we got a visit from our corporate HR person and I had to deal with ordering lunch for the presentation as well as all the other stuff I was juggling. Was cool to meet Katrina though. We ate PDQ and I struggled with plotting stuff on a map all day. At home I did another drawing for the upcoming Thursday cartoon episode and got some reading done.
  • Wednesday Jeaux had something else he was going to do so I arranged to have Jeaux Day with him Thursday, and had my mom over instead. We ate spaghetti and later ate popsicles together. I drew some of my webcomic and we hung out together. I helped her with some health care stuff and that was about it.
  • Thursday was long work with fixing drawings, finally getting my proposal stuff for the first due date in a workable form, and finalizing a presentation board. Then I met Jeaux for Moe's burritos and to his house for cartoons. I was expecting a pretty emotional episode this week and yeah, I got it. (There were tears, but it wasn't too bad actually. And my favorite character finally had another song, and it was a duet!!! Seriously, even if you don't like/care about this show, this is a really good calm-down-handle-it song.) Then we decided to watch a couple episodes of the show Stranger Things because everyone's talking about it. It's pretty good. Victor called after I got home and I finished my drawings for the comic while talking to him.
  • Friday was a bit of a madhouse. My entire team went to an interview and left me at the office, and then there was a problem with the presentation and I had to do some quick tricks long distance to save the day, heehee. While they were gone I did a bunch of stuff for the proposal that needed to go out, and when they got back my office manager reviewed my work and made very few changes, yay! So I got my proposal out on time, and then on top of that the next one I needed to work on turned out to be inappropriate for our firm so we aren't going to respond after all. Less work for me, whew. I went home, posted my comic, and relaxed.

New reviews of my book:
  • None.
Interviews, Features, Mentions:
Reading progress:
    New singing performances:

    This week's performance was "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" by Whitney Houston. Sorry, this one's really not good. 



    New drawings:


    Completed at Drink and Draw: Amethyst sketch dump.
    Begun at Drink and Draw and completed the next day:
    Peridot and Garnet. My headcanon: Garnet thinks it's
    cute when Peridot claims to be the leader.

    Here's a side-by-side comparison to the original sketch from Drink and Draw:

    Picture for this week's episode: "Mindful Education."
    A mindful Stevonnie. :)

    I was texting progress on the drawing to Jeaux while I was doodling them. :)

     


    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0589: "The Ones Who Wrote Them Down."






    New videos:

    None!

    New photos:


    Mini donuts with Eric!
    Donut selfie!
    My usual sammich at Drink and Draw: VLT.
    I really like candy buttons.
    Aesthetic of the day: Classy with a hint of cartoon nerd.
    Bee dress with Cookie Cat necklace.
    Tiger Millionaire plushies exist and I got one!

    Social Media counts:
     
    YouTube subscribers: 5,349 for swankivy (5 new), 588 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 821 for swankivy (lost 1), 1,285 for JulieSondra (5 new). Facebook: 293 friends (1 new, Cheong friended me) and 199 followers (lost 2) for swankivy, 637 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 126 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,469 (7 new). Instagram followers: 84 (2 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment