Saturday, May 18, 2024

Personal Digest Saturday: May 11 – May 17

Life news this week:

  • Saturday, Dad and Connie and I had to clear out of the rented house so we ate, packed, or threw out the food that was left and they dropped me off at the airport. Security line was SUPER LONG so I'm glad I was early. I flew from Charlotte to Atlanta and then Atlanta to Tampa, where Jeaux picked me up and we had a fender bender in the parking lot before going on to IHOP. (Jeaux lost a taillight.) When I got home I watered plants and did a little bit of unpacking and responded to a possible offer on Mom's house before taking a nap. The nap was super long, so I must have been tired, and then I still didn't end up staying up all night because I slept again after some Polos.

  • Sunday I woke up pretty late, dealt with some coordination to help my dad collect something he left behind at the rental house (good thing I have a local sister!), and had a discussion with my realtor because the potential offer was upgraded to an offer on the house. I signed a contract for my mom's house on Mother's Day. Closing is in June. The house was only on the market FOUR DAYS! Did more plant watering, unpacking, and laundry. Took a nap and processed photos from the vacation. Was too tired to do much else.

  • Monday it was back to work. Edited two letters and sent reminders and updates for outstanding issues. Also did some preparation on an upcoming shortlisted project. I put away laundry, sent a Polo to Steve, and watched some videos while getting steps. Did more paperwork for the house sale and finished my blogging that should have been up Saturday. Went to bed relatively early.

  • Tuesday I got up for a meeting and we made some teaming arrangements. Then did one marketing meeting and one debriefing. Did some Polos to get steps, ate candy, and wrote an e-mail. Fell asleep and slept crappily.

  • Wednesday a storm woke me up and flipped a breaker that I had to go diagnose so I could go to work. Once it was fixed I worked on a transcript all day. Hardly got any steps because transcripts take forever. Got some walking in before Jeaux showed up to take me to Which Wich. We had sandwiches and shopped for groceries, and caught up on Colbert and silly videos.

  • Thursday, work involved finishing the transcript, bothering people to join teams, and doing data entry for my contract. Did some walking and went to game night with the friends. Got the rest of my steps while reading. Got asked to be an advance reader and blurb provider for another book. Edited a short story and finally started sending it out (along with another one).

  • Friday we had an early-morning debrief meeting and then I worked on my timesheets and upcoming project reports all day. Talked to Yasmin on the phone and scrambled through finishing my comic. Worked late into the night exploring alternate avenues for the form submitter for comments on the comic that's been broken for a long time.

Interviews, Articles, Mentions:

  • Someone started an Ace Book Club and the assigned reading is my book.

New Reviews:

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: This week I recorded a high of 123.6 and a low of 122.6. Nothing too significant but I want to keep my eye on it so I can have some data for whether I have any significant weight gain when my thyroid gets checked next time I have bloodwork.
  • Nutrition stuff: It was super nice to get back into more familiar territory with my food so I could make sure I'm getting the protein in! Saturday and Wednesday I had a lot of fat in my diet because of eating restaurant food, and I didn't really get back to fresh fruits and veggies again until after I was able to go shopping on Wednesday, but since then I'm back to doing really well with the balance too. I am still regularly taking vitamins.
  • Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week. My low day was Sunday at 10,012 steps, and my high day was Wednesday at 10,597 steps.

Books Read: 

    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "A Thousand Miles" by Vanessa Carlton.








    Stuff drawn:

    My weekly fantasy webcomic, Negative One:









    Videos Made: 

    None.

    New photos:

    None.

    Social media counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,431 for swankivy (lost 2), 677 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 199 for Not-So-Giant Women (1 new), 68 for Tides of Time Band (no change). Twitter followers: 845 for swankivy (1 new), 3,864 for JulieSondra (3 new). Facebook: 299 friends for swankivy (no change), 644 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 83 followers for Negative One (no change), 248 likes for So You Write (1 new), 98 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,438 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 283 (no change).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment