Saturday, February 11, 2023

Personal Digest Saturday: February 4 – February 10

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I had plans with Mom but she canceled so I spent the day working on the blog, practicing ukulele, catching up on book reviews and photos, napping, sending Polos, reading, and jumping back into rereading my in-progress book that I'm writing.

  • Sunday I downloaded and watched some of our performance videos from the previous week and read more book chapters. Mom decided to keep our plans this time and picked me up to hang out at her house and check out her bathroom remodel. Looks great. We hung out and ate sushi and fruit. (Well, I ate sushi. She doesn't like it.) We just chatted and I helped her buy something on the internet. Then once I got home I got my chores done (trash, laundry) and did karaoke and reading.

  • Monday I finished the project reports that I couldn't finish last week. Also worked on some new data processing I'll be doing for the company. After work I wrote a long e-mail and went to sleep late.

  • Tuesday I did some data crunching and it's not too bad. Also some data entry on my other project. Got some walking in while putting away laundry. Sent an e-mail and some messages.

  • Wednesday I had to go to the podiatrist early in the morning before work. They decided my cracked toenail had to go right then and there and before I knew it I had had an operation and now I don't have a toenail. Fun! I got a big pink bandage and instructions on how to take care of it for the next couple weeks. After, I went to work and did some teaming invitations, some utility stuff, and some organizing. I reviewed an academic paper I'd been invited to review and submitted my comments. Then Jeaux came over and we went shopping, and we got Moe's food and watched Colbert and two episodes of Extraordinary. I didn't want to go for a walk because of my toe.

  • Thursday I had to change the dressing on my toe and soak it in an epsom salt solution. Now I have to do that twice a day for a while. It was fine and I had no trouble. At work I did my data update and reports. Took a nap, wrote some comics, and answered messages. Played games with my friends and we got a very dumb new joke about eating out of a tube sock. Victor tried to call me from the hospital for the first time in over four months, but he was calling way after the time when I answer the phone so I didn't actually talk to him.

  • Friday I just had the usual report preparation and timesheets. Then I worked on my webcomic and sent Polos and watched silly videos while walking.

Interviews, Articles, Mentions:


  • A Room of One's Own has announced the I AM ACE Book Panel Discussion featuring me and two other ace activists, Cody Daigle-Orians and Ashabi Owagboriaye. The panel is online attendance and takes place Monday, March 6. It's part of an event surrounding Cody's book release.
  • Isthmus Community Media also covered the announcement about the panel.
Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: I did better on the amounts and choices I was eating this week but haven't seen results yet. At least I am down from the new high last week and haven't seen it return. High weight: 122.0. Low weight: 121.0.
  • Nutrition stuff: Pretty good balance this week (and have cut down on snacks when I'm not hungry for them) but I could have made better choices with including more vegetables. There were a couple days where I didn't have any green vegetables. Still consistently taking the vitamins.
  • Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week (despite toe stuff). My low day was Saturday at 10,072 steps, and my high day was Wednesday at 10,761 steps.

Books Read: 


    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Magic Dance" by David Bowie.



    Stuff drawn:



    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0926: "Outside World." 





    Videos Made:

    None.

    New photos:

    Sushi and fruit salad at Mom's

    Post-op toe


    Pretending to eat out of a tube sock


    Social Media Counts: 

    YouTube subscribers: 5,404 for swankivy (lost 4), 676 for JulieSondra (no change), 18 for v & V Vids (no change), 173 for Not-So-Giant Women (1 new), 68 for Tides of Time Band (no change). Twitter followers: 876 for swankivy (no change), 3,635 for JulieSondra (26 new). Hive Social: 26 followers (no change). Post: 2 for juliesondra (no change). Facebook: 297 friends for swankivy (no change), 638 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 81 followers for Negative One (no change), 240 likes for So You Write (no change), 93 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,434 (lost 2). Instagram followers: 256 (lost 1).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment