Saturday, October 15, 2022

Personal Digest Saturday: October 8 – October 14

Life news this week:

  • Very busy week! Saturday was my performance with the band in Sarasota. We had our first one-hour performance (preceded by a rehearsal) and everything went very well, though some of our recordings didn't come out because of a tech glitch. I felt pretty comfortable with everything and excited to do it again. Jeaux attended too! We got most of the songs recorded in clips or whole songs, which I later put on YouTube playlist on our new YouTube channel (subscribe to us!). We were able to grab a bite to eat at the venue before the show and then we headed back. Then I did my walking and looked at the recordings and updated blogs. Took a short nap before podcast recording and then met with Daria to record the last two episodes of Season 3 ("Back to the Moon" and "Bubbled"). Yay! I crashed shortly after.

  • Sunday I slept late to make up for the day before. Worked on my upcoming Halloween party menus and labels for food, installed a printer Mom had given me and eventually actually got it to work, and started packing for New York. (I hate packing so I do it early to avoid getting too stressed.) I got the majority done but nothing got in a suitcase until later.

  • Monday was a somewhat busy day at work. Did two letters and helped with teaming on upcoming letters. Spent much of the day otherwise processing videos for the Tides of Time YouTube channel and working on a more elegant way to blur faces of people who appear in the video without having consented to be in the video. I did it but it's time-consuming! In the evening I played games with friends and then finished packing, then worked on more videos.

  • Tuesday I worked and finalized teamings, set some stuff up for when I'm on vacation, did some troubleshooting on an application that was misbehaving, and finished processing the band videos. Then I jumped into editing the Season 1 finale of the podcast, "Jailbreak" for Not-So-Giant Women. I finally finished the processing but had to go to sleep while it finished and posted it in the morning right before leaving!

  • Wednesday I got up at 4:30 AM and got ready to go to New York. Watered my plants and took out my trash and caught my Lyft car. Met Jeaux at the airport, checked a bag, found our gate, and had to get separated because we got cheap seats (so we were both in the middle in different places). Then we took an expensive cab ride to our hotel, went to the Melt Shop for lunch, took a nap at the hotel, and went out wandering. We saw an art store and ate dinner at Just Salad, taking it to go and eating at tables outside our hotel. We watched some of Colbert's show on YouTube and went to sleep.

  • Thursday we had our free breakfast and hung out in the room while Jeaux watched the latest episodes of She-Hulk. We went out to buy an umbrella for Jeaux since we were going to have a rainy day (I already had one in my suitcase). Then we went to meet my Aunt Elisa. She had suggested a food place called S&P that was nearby so we met there and got some food to go. I got to try an egg cream. We walked in the park and we happened to run into some Jewish folks who were carrying around their lulav and etrog and they invited us to do the shaking thing with them so we did! That was unexpected! We also went inside their sukkah. We got a short break in the hotel and then we went to stand in line for Colbert. They had changed the taping to an hour later because of the hearings so we were in line for a long time because we didn't notice. I got a backache from standing too long. When we got in the Ed Sullivan Theater we were only four rows back from the stage! We got to see a stand-up comedian who warmed us up, then Stephen Colbert came out on the stage and took silly questions from the audience, and then finally the show taping started. We got to see two monologues and watched Colbert interview Jeremy Strong and Ed Sheeran. Then we stopped at a restaurant on our walk home--Yard House, where we had big sandwiches--and then went back to the hotel and watched the episode of Colbert we had been in. We can see us in the audience! After that we went to sleep because we were pretty beat.

  • Friday I did a little check-in at work in the morning and posted my webcomic. Then we had our hotel breakfast but things were slow in the hotel because of a busted elevator. (We ended up taking the stairs down 16 floors.) Then we had Jeaux's first New York subway ride, and got to the Museum of Natural History! We saw the space exhibits (including the planetarium), some early hominids, some gemstones and rocks, and some amazing dinosaurs. We caught a bite at the café in the museum, then took the subway back and got ready to go out for a LONG walk to the Comedy Cellar. We made it and got a tiny table near the front. We got to watch four comedians and a host, and it was pretty great! We also had paninis and fries. Then we did the LONG walk back, screwed around in the hotel room looking at our museum photos, and went to sleep.
Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: I don't really know the majority of my days this week because I've been on vacation for the last few days, but I think I'm doing reasonably well! Of my recorded weights: High weight: 116.9. Low weight: 116.1.
  • Nutrition stuff: It's been a weird week since I had the gig on Saturday (big food) and have been traveling for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday (big food), but on the days I did not have big food, I did well with eating my produce so it wouldn't go bad while I was gone. In the city, I've been having a LOT of french fries and potatoes in general! Though I have also been able to have a rice bowl and a spinach panini. I think it's safe to say I have had way more fat than is healthy on my diet, but I try not to worry about those things during special occasions! Just documenting it for the record. Still consistently taking the vitamins even while on vacation.
  • Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week (and then some, considering all the walking in the city that I am doing!). My low day was Monday at 10,390 steps, and my high day was Friday at 21,288 steps.
Books Read: 

  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week.

  • Currently reading: You Too? by Janet Gurtler. I'm on page 64.

    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Something Happened on the Way to Heaven" by Phil Collins.



    Stuff drawn:



    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0909: "The Person Who Always Wins." 






    Videos Made:

    Tides of Time at the Cock & Bull at Big Top Brewing 10-8-2022: See our performance--14 full-length or clip videos of our amazing first full-length set! (And please subscribe to our YouTube if you're into that!)




    Not-So-Giant Women Episode 52: Jailbreak is out. Join Daria and Ivy as they watch and talk about "Jailbreak" and cover such topics as how they got all of that into 11 minutes, the glory of "Stronger Than You," Ruby and Sapphire's character design and same-sex love relationship and how that makes Garnet who she is, how Garnet compares to other Fusions, hints from earlier in the show that Garnet might be a Fusion, Fusion traits as compared to human heredity, Steven's reaction to learning Garnet was a Fusion and why she might have concealed it, Jasper's hate of Fusions, Gem gender concepts, how energy barriers and weapons work, Steven's evolution with his powers, the arguments AGAINST Garnet being a Fusion, Malachite's peculiar and horrifying way of being fused, Garnet's new outfit, Lapis's brokenness, Daria's original terminology, and how Ruby and Sapphire correspond to Rebecca Sugar and Ian Jones-Quartey.



    New photos:

    Sound check!

    Tides of Time not getting rained out

    Airport selfie

    Airport selfie


    First day hanging out in New York:

    First night hanging out in New York:

    Jeaux enjoying She-Hulk

    Egg Cream!

    Shaking the lulav with Aunt Elisa!

    Times Square with Jeaux

    The Late Show with Stephen Colbert!

    Burgers at Yard House

    Jeaux's first NYC subway ride


    The Natural History Museum:
     

    Comedy Cellar!

    Social Media Counts: 

    YouTube subscribers: 5,421 for swankivy (lost 2), 676 for JulieSondra (no change), 18 for v & V Vids (no change), 158 for Not-So-Giant Women (6 new), 24 for Tides of Time Band (24 new). Twitter followers: 909 for swankivy (no change), 3,443 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Facebook: 294 friends for swankivy (no change), 637 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 81 followers for Negative One (no change), 238 likes for So You Write (no change), 91 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,445 (no change). Instagram followers: 246 (no change).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment