Saturday, October 8, 2022

Personal Digest Saturday: October 1 – October 7

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I got a little bit of relaxing time in and also went grocery shopping with Mom to replace some food I lost during the power outages with the hurricane. After she hung out a bit and then left, I got a nap, worked on my blogs, practiced music, made some lists, and chatted with my friend Fen.

  • Sunday Dad picked me up right on time and we went to band practice, stopping for coffee on the way. We caught up on his recent trip on the way there. I was sleepy but we had a great practice and it seems like we'll be ready for our gig next week. We ate sushi at our usual place after practice and then at home I chatted to Meggie and did my trash and laundry chores. Took a nap, soaked my plants, and worked on my podcast.

  • Monday I got up early and worked on two letters at work. After work I started working on my webcomic--nice and early because I needed to get two done this week in preparation for next week's travel. Worked on a wig for my Halloween costume. Played online games with the pals and worked on the podcast.

  • Tuesday was a draggy day. I got some background work done at the office. I got the last of my meal reservations and plans made for meetups in New York. Then I worked on my comic and my podcast and sent some Polos. Updated my bank stuff and took a nap. Installed my excellent new mouse and I love it. Cleaned up my yard some more. Talked to Tony. Worked on my trip agenda. Recorded a karaoke song.

  • Wednesday I had a meeting and worked on utility coordination. Later I worked on the comic and podcast. Practiced music and did some chores. Went to SoFresh with Jeaux and ate outside, then went grocery shopping and did a big trip for some party stuff. We went home, watched Colbert, and planned some New York stuff.

  • Thursday I had to work out some teaming arrangements for a letter and do some report updates and utility coordination. Practiced music, worked on the webomic and podcast, and looked at annoying stuff on Reddit.

  • Friday involved timesheets and reports like usual. Then I posted my comic and got the next one ready too. Practiced music one more time--I'm ready. Tried out some makeup for my Halloween costume and then got scared it was going to stain me and washed it off. (It didn't stain me.) Worked on some Halloween labels and talked to Jeaux about our suitcases.

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Have managed to hold onto the lower weights and am hoping to go lower soon, though I'm about to go on vacation and that usually means more heavy eating and junk food. High weight: 117.6. Low weight: 116.1.
  • Nutrition stuff: Ate a lot of balanced meals this week--the protein/carbs/fat balance is excellent all week, and despite limited resources I ate a lot of vegetables and fruits, especially after my second shopping trip allowed me to bring spinach back. Still consistently taking the vitamins.
  • Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week. My low day was Sunday at 10,059 steps, and my high day was Wednesday at 12,666 steps.
Books Read: 

  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week.

  • Currently reading: You Too? by Janet Gurtler. I'm on page 64.

    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman.



    Stuff drawn:



    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0908: "Another Strength." 






    Videos Made:


    Not-So-Giant Women Episode 49: The Message is out. Join Daria and Ivy as they watch and talk about "The Message" and cover such topics as what Homeworld really wants in terms of populating the universe with their kind, the march forward of the plot, Greg's self-worth issues, Pearl being dismissive to Greg and Garnet thanking him, Greg's audio terminology, whether Gems can recognize each other through some sixth sense, Greg's musician influences, Amethyst's apparent history of grand theft auto, the particulars of sending messages via Wailing Stone, how Lapis knows what's going on well enough to warn Steven, and the concept of a B-side.





    Not-So-Giant Women Episode 50: Political Power is out. Join Daria and Ivy as they watch and talk about "Political Power" and cover such topics as the growing dread in Beach City, Mayor Dewey's crush on Pearl, the Ocean Town joke, Mayor Dewey's governing style, the significance of the Light Cannons under the house, the Gems keeping things from Steven, the Onion Chaos factor, birthstones, and a bunch of discussion of spoiler dangers.





    Not-So-Giant Women Episode 51: The Return is out. Join Daria and Ivy as they watch and talk about "The Return" and cover such topics as the Yellow Diamond name drop, the descriptions Jasper used for the Crystal Gems, Jasper as an unambiguous villain, Steven being mistaken for Rose, Steven's competence with summoning his bubble and shield, Lion's convenient appearance, the hand ship's cool design, Daria's theory on Peridot's age, Opal's cameo, the brutality of Garnet's destabilization and what it means that Garnet's two Gems are separate, the terror of evacuations, Jasper's helmet, and what kind of sports the Gems would play.





    New photos:

    My hurricane yard waste

    Cookies and Dream cupcake (treat for selling a short story)


    Social Media Counts: 

    YouTube subscribers: 5,423 for swankivy (lost 4), 676 for JulieSondra (no change), 18 for v & V Vids (no change), 152 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change). Twitter followers: 909 for swankivy (no change), 3,444 for JulieSondra (11 new). Facebook: 294 friends for swankivy (no change), 637 likes for JulieSondra (lost 2), 81 followers for Negative One (no change), 238 likes for So You Write (no change), 91 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,445 (no change). Instagram followers: 246 (2 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment