Saturday, May 14, 2022

Personal Digest Saturday: May 7 – May 13

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I woke up for my last full day in the Airbnb rental. I texted Lindsay to see if she wanted to have coffee before work but she said she didn't feel up to it so I just worked on my photo gallery and blogging and invited my friend Fen over for the afternoon. We talked over avocado toast, took a really nice long walk, and decided to check out a Charlotte favorite: Bean Vegan Cuisine. So glad I got to try it! After the delicious food, Fen and I watched some Steven Universe and talked about issues raised by the show. After they left I updated the rest of my sites and took a weird nap on the couch. I finished up some cleanup for having to leave early the next day and went to bed.

  • Sunday I had my breakfast and coffee and cleaned up the last remnants of our occupancy of the Airbnb. I got a Lyft to the Charlotte airport and the flight was uneventful. Mom had offered to pick me up at the Tampa airport and she was on time (bonus!) but had a run-in with an airport cop (boo). I was able to give Mom a card that was signed by all three sisters and I gave her a chocolate bar too. Mom hung out for a while and we talked and I told her about my trip. We also did a video call with Patricia for Mother's Day. After Mom left I finished unpacking, made some Polos, and went to bed early.

  • Monday was about as hectic as I expected coming back to the office after a vacation. We got three letters out (which wasn't too chaotic) and I worked through timesheets, utility information, updated projects, a meeting, and data entry. After work I took a nap, ate cookies, and watched Amphibia. Then played games with friends and put away laundry. Caught up on blogs. Recorded a karaoke song. Also, Sister P's birthday!

  • Tuesday I was still catching up on work stuff. We had to resubmit a letter and prepare for a public meeting. Talked to Meg on Polo, recorded a ukulele cover of "Tower of Mistakes" in Amethyst cosplay (without the purple makeup), took a walk, and worked on the next episode of Not-So-Giant Women. Ate too many cookies.

  • Wednesday I had the day off because I was going with Mom to get her cataract surgery. Jeaux had volunteered to drive so he had the day off too. We picked up Mom and dropped her off at St. Luke's in Tarpon Springs, and then Jeaux and I had breakfast at an outdoor restaurant, checked out an art gallery and a metaphysical store, and killed some time in Home Depot. Then we picked up Mom and all had gone just fine. We took her home and resumed with our usual Jeaux Day--went grocery shopping, watched some Colbert and Owl House, took a walk, and ate at SoFresh. After he left I saw some reactions on YouTube before sleeping.

  • Thursday was a rough day at work. Had to straighten out some utility stuff, update some meeting info sheets and research parcel information, help with an interview team, and worked on data entry until 9 at night. Victor didn't call me like he usually does on Thursdays so I also didn't start working on my webcomic. I listened to Polos and got my steps and finished editing the latest Not-So-Giant Women podcast.

  • Friday was another busy work day. Updated flyers, went to meetings, created upcoming project reports, did utility coordination, and worked on transcripts. Then I had to draw all of Negative One after work and still managed to walk enough to get my steps. Worked a little on podcast planning before going to sleep.

New Reviews:

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: I thought I was going to have a huge change when I got back from vacation but my scale number was the lowest after I got back! Then it went up and down again. High weight: 118.7. Low weight: 115.8.
  • Nutrition stuff: Vacation was full of pizza and high-fat food. When I got back I was eating extra cookies and stuff that wasn't that great for me, and the mid-week stop in Tarpon Springs for Mom's surgery involved a couple high-calorie meals. But as usual, vitamin consumption has continued as normal.
  • Activity stuff: I made my step goals every day this week. My low day was Monday at 10,137 steps, and my high day was Wednesday at 13,565 steps.
Books Read: 

  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week.

  • Currently reading: Dirty Job by Christopher Moore. I'm on page 256.

    New singing performances:

    My cosplay ukulele cover of "Tower of Mistakes" from Steven Universe:



    This week's karaoke song is "Fly Away" by Lenny Kravitz.



    Stuff drawn:



    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0887: "Nonfiction." 






    Videos Made:

    Not-So-Giant Women #36 is out. Join Daria and Ivy as they watch and talk about "Alone Together" and cover such topics as Stevonnie's design, the Gems' reactions, gender and pronoun stuff, the trans allegory, humans' reaction to Stevonnie, whether Fusions' components can absorb skills from each other that they can take with them, comparisons of fusion to sex, Fusion names, theories on what fusion is actually like, the importance of the dance, the grossness of Kevin's behavior, the whole mess of people thinking they should get to know what is in a trans or intersex person's pants, and the dangers of spoilers.




    New photos:

    Bean Vegan Cuisine with Fen

    Bean Vegan Cuisine food

    Amethyst wings at the Healing Head Witch in Tarpon



    Social Media Counts: 

    YouTube subscribers: 5,412 for swankivy (no change), 674 for JulieSondra (1 new), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 141 for Not-So-Giant Women (1 new). Twitter followers: 922 for swankivy (lost 1), 3,093 for JulieSondra (14 new). Facebook: 297 friends for swankivy (no change), 638 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 82 followers for Negative One (no change), 236 likes for So You Write (no change), 89 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,456 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 239 (lost 3).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment