Saturday, February 12, 2022

Personal Digest Saturday: February 5 – February 11

Life news this week:

  • Saturday was a good day--slept late but got everything done. I cleaned up the house and put away/washed dishes, and then I walked to the post office to mail Meghan's last birthday gift that came late and finished all my blogging before Steve got to my place. He and I hung out all evening and ate pizza from our favorite pizza place. I spent the evening updating my notes on my in-progress lesbian science fiction romance, and I cut up some potatoes for overnight soaking so I would be able to make poutine in the morning.

  • Sunday I woke up super late, but once I was awake I got to making my poutine. That involved frying the potatoes, making mushroom gravy, frying the potatoes again, and assembling the poutine with cheese curds, which also involved some VERY silly cosplay (because I'm a Steven Universe nerd and there were a few seconds where a character was holding some poutine). I wrote up my recipe for Tumblr and Reddit and posted it, then ate the rest of my fries later. I submitted a short story and wrote a recommendation letter for one of my friends. And I worked a little on my next podcast post.

  • Monday I was sleepy at work. Had to deal with a marketing letter (one of the hefty ones) and it went through several iterations with a backup package included. Had some online arguments and had some back-and-forth Marco Polo videos. Put away laundry and then played online games with my friends. Worked on the podcast more. Repaired some clothes. Shared my poutine recipe with Amino and finished the podcast editing.

  • Tuesday work was stressful because I had to outline a proposal that was something I'd never seen before, but I figured it out as best I could. Then I had to respond to some utility people and write weird e-mails. I posted my podcast episode (Not-So-Giant Women #31!) and sent responses to two people who want to interview me about asexuality. Then I played Dance Dance Revolution and cooked some zucchini for dinner. Then I worked on some silliness with my book.

  • Wednesday I woke up a little late and had missed a meeting, but it was a meeting I'd been invited to that morning so I had no warning, ha. I made the next meeting and it was fine. (I don't usually get to say much in the meetings.) I did some research for a coworker, applied some edits for another coworker, and put together a submission packet for my boss. I adjusted some stuff with my personal budget and then Jeaux arrived to take me to the grocery store. We shopped and got yummy rice bowls from SoFresh. We spent the evening eating them in front of the Colbert show, watching silly videos, and taking a walk.

  • Thursday I had multiple meetings that I had little input in, and one of them was a meeting about the proposal I outlined on Tuesday. After work I continued to work on an e-mail I've had in progress for a long time, and after doing some writing-related check-ins and e-mail, I got tired. Victor usually calls me on Thursdays but he still hadn't called by almost 9 PM so my tiredness led to me missing his call. (He did call, I just missed it.)

  • Friday I was very busy at work, providing some meeting minutes from a recording and updating some reports I do for upcoming projects. After work I finished the drawings for my webcomic and posted the issue, and then chatted with some writer friends and attended to some biz. I went to bed at a SORT OF reasonable time but it was more because I wanted to be warm, not because I was tired. (I fell asleep anyway.)

Interviews, Articles, Mentions:

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Well, I got another new high (which is not a good thing)--and it has convinced me to stop buying "decorative candy" that I will definitely eat. If I don't want to get back into the range where I will be having trouble with my clothes again, I'm going to have to work hard on this starting now, and I'd really prefer not to throw away the hard work I did last year. High weight: 119.5. Low weight: 117.9.
  • Nutrition stuff: I continued to succeed at having at least one green food every day! And the balance for my protein/fat/carbohydrate balance is still very good. I don't have any problems getting enough protein. It just seems like I have too few carbohydrates and too much fat.
  • Activity stuff: I met my step goal every day this week, and even had one high-impact aerobics day. My low day was Monday at 10,081 steps, and my high day was Thursday at 13,204 steps.
Finished Reading: 

  • Nothing this week.

  • Currently reading: Catch and Kill by Ronan Farrow. I'm on page 156.

    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Because the Night" by 10,000 Maniacs.



    Stuff drawn:




    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0874: "The Planting Process." 







    New videos:

    Not-So-Giant Women #31: Keep Beach City Weird is out! Join Daria and Ivy as they watch and talk about "Keep Beach City Weird" and cover such topics as Sneeple theories, Ronaldo's anime eyes, the adorable Steven Tag forms, discussions of the Fryman family dynamics, Ronaldo's conspiracy theories always casting himself in a critical role, why the Gems knew to come rescue Steven after he'd been kidnapped, Sneeple arms, the fact that actual aliens are Ronaldo's neighbors and he still finds that unworthy of an explanation, Peedee's support of his older brother, Pearl's refusal to participate in Steven Tag, money in the SU world, the controversy of whether Ronaldo's delusions should have been encouraged, and the real-life Ronaldo blog on Tumblr.





    New photos:

    My poutine

    Percy cosplay with poutine



    Social Media Counts: 

    YouTube subscribers: 5,345 for swankivy (no change), 671 for JulieSondra (lost 1), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 135 for Not-So-Giant Women (1 new). Twitter followers: 928 for swankivy (5 new), 2,552 for JulieSondra (29 new). Facebook: 297 friends for swankivy (no change), 635 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 80 followers for Negative One (no change), 234 likes for So You Write (1 new), 86 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,464 (no change). Instagram followers: 246 (lost 1).


    No comments:

    Post a Comment