Sunday, August 1, 2021

Personal Digest Saturday (but posted on Sunday!): July 24 – July 30

Life news this week:

  • Saturday was my second convention day! Meg advised that it was getting dangerous with Covid numbers rising so we decided to limit our time there and wear masks the whole time. Jeaux picked me up and we enjoyed the convention, looking at the dealer room and all the amazing costumes. We ran our own panel at 2:00 and it was very well-attended, and I gave away all my big prizes and most of my little ones! After spending some more time looking at the costumes, we went to my place, got a pizza, and watched The Owl House and talked about the convention. After he left I posted some pictures and slept.

  • Sunday we didn't go to the convention because we want to limit our time in public now. It's too Covidy out there! I finally got to my usual Saturday blogging and got all my photos posted, got my trash and laundry taken care of, and made some posts about the panel. Also caught up on Polos with my people. Ended up watching a bunch of silly videos before going to bed instead of being productive.

  • Monday I had to get up early for two meetings. We were preparing for an interview and a presentation. I also got some reports done. Did some karaoke later and played with my friends on the games in the evening. We had a lovely time. I didn't have anything in particular to work on so I sent out a short story and watched some more silly videos.

  • Tuesday my mom got her appraisal done, so finally that's out of the way. I worked and went to meetings and worked on my database. In the evening I made a Letters to an Asexual video and rested. Was feeling mildly crappy and hoping I didn't catch Covid at the convention. :/

  • Wednesday I got up early for more meetings and we finally got to rehearse our interview questions. Everything went really well though. In between our practices I got some utilities sent out for a project I'm starting. Then I talked to my sister and put away laundry. Jeaux took me to the grocery store and we picked up take-out from Five Guys instead of eating in restaurants. We watched Colbert and the first episodes of Birdgirl and Centaurworld. Still felt mildly crappy but am not having symptoms so I guess I'm just feeling crappy.

  • Thursday I had to get up early so my boss could pick me up for the interview. We went to the Department and we were the second team to be interviewed. It went fine and we didn't run out of time, which was nice. After that my boss took me home and I worked on some updates to reports. Victor called at night and I talked to him while drawing. Still was tired but haven't gotten sick.

  • Friday I did my usual work stuff for every other Friday (getting reports completed and dealing with timesheet prep). Had one meeting about our upcoming presentation on Monday. Did a phone interview and spent some time looking at bees in my garden, and sending garden updates to my Polo people. Then I had a nap. Got up and worked on my comics and posted them--pretty close to the deadline but no issues.
Interviews, Articles, Mentions: 

New Reviews:

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Another kind of inconsistent week. I've been super hungry for some reason! I ate somewhat responsibly for some of the week but wasn't as disciplined as last week. High weight: 113.5 pounds. Low weight: 112.6.
  • Nutrition stuff: Most of the days this week I ate more than I was supposed to, and only focused on getting my green stuff in about half the time. Could definitely do better.
  • Activity stuff: Nice high step day on the convention day of course! But my counter froze so I don't know how good the day was. (I still made quota, but I'm sure I was much higher than quota and just have no way to know how much.) The other days were pretty typical, and for some reason I didn't make my goal on Tuesday but that's it. My low day was Tuesday at 8,871 steps, and my high day was Friday at 18,074 steps.
Books Read:
  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week. 
  • Currently reading: Six Characters in Search of an Author and Other Plays by Luigi Pirandello. I'm on page 90.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "If It Makes You Happy" by Sheryl Crow.


    Stuff drawn:



    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0846: "Weird Feeling." 




    New videos:

    Letters to an Asexual #82 was posted this week, about "You Just Want Attention!"


    Forgot to link my Not-So-Giant Women video from last week:



    Not-So-Giant Women Episode 23: Monster Buddies. Join Daria and Ivy as they watch and talk about "Monster Buddies" and cover such topics as theories on what made the Centipeetle reform so small, discussions of different bubble types and colors, Steven's mission to heal monsters, the purpose of the Shooting Star, bubbling ability, Amethyst's crane pose, evil seagulls, the unfortunate person who became a skeleton left in the ice caves, bubbling being used as teleportation, whether Lion and Centipeetle would be friends if Steven had kept her as a pet, what happened to other Gems besides our three and whether there are multiple Gems of the same name, and whether Gems think gemstone jewelry is weird. Tune in to find out Daria's cute nickname for little Centipeetle.

    New photos:

    Click through for larger images:

     Photos from Saturday's convention day, with me as Stevonnie (you can see the whole convention album at my Metrocon 2021 Gallery, but these are my favorites):

      

    Social Media Counts:
    YouTube subscribers: 5,310 for swankivy (no change), 671 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 129 for Not-So-Giant Women (1 new). Twitter followers: 928 for swankivy (no change), 2,002 for JulieSondra (75 new). Facebook: 301 friends for swankivy (no change), 630 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 79 likes for Negative One (no change), 229 likes for So You Write (1 new), 86 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,460 (no change). Instagram followers: 237 (3 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment