Saturday, August 14, 2021

Personal Digest Saturday: August 7 – August 13

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I did the blogging, posted about new socks, practiced some music for band practice, cleaned up some house messes, and sent out a short story. I also tuned in for some drama explosion on Reddit, which ended up being really satisfying because someone who was lying got in trouble and it's always nice to see consequences.

  • Sunday I got to see my dad for band practice. He had to come get me early because our practice was early. We got to have nice chatting time while in the car, and the rehearsal went very well. We practiced a dozen or so songs and got the news that we have our first gig coming up next month, so we have to finalize a set list! After practice I went to Applebee's (outdoor dining) with Dad and Connie, and then he drove me home. We got caught in the rain and sat around talking about music until it wasn't ridiculously rainy and I could run into the house. In the evening I just did my typical Sunday chores (laundry and trash) and went to bed early.

  • Monday was a very busy day at the office because I had a huge submittal on a letter and a lot of it needed to be completed the same day it was due. I basically worked on that letter from the early morning until it was due to get it in. Also had a few other things scrambling for my attention and I had to deal with them the best I could. After work I blew off some steam and played games with my friends online.

  • Tuesday was much slower. I did some troubleshooting I hadn't been able to finish the day before and compiled some information that will be useful for the group. I worked on the set list for the band and came up with a good lineup. Also did a karaoke recording. I prepared an emulsion solution to help my azalea plants that are dying and I'm hoping this will revitalize them. Discussed some particulars about Mom's refinancing plans for the next day.

  • Wednesday was busy. I pulled up my succulent plants because they got waterlogged and now they're drying out. Had a lot of back and forth with coworkers over various issues and troubleshooting with a zip file. Dad called and said my financial adviser passed away, so we talked about that and about our band plans. Then after work Mom came over and we did the paperwork for her closing. The notary came to my house and brought all the documents for us. Jeaux showed up with pizza afterwards and we had some, and then Mom left and Jeaux and I went to the grocery store like usual. We came back and talked about work stuff and terrible people from the internet, and we watched an episode of The Owl House.

  • Thursday I got up super early for a meeting but it got moved. I got some work done but also wasn't able to leave early because people kept needing stuff late into the day. I wrote my storyboard for my comic and talked to Victor on the phone while drawing and putting away laundry.

  • Friday I was working on upcoming project reports for the boss so I got to practice singing while I was working. Got some work done on other reports and troubleshooting for various documents. And after work I drew the rest of my comic and didn't accomplish much else the rest of the day.
New Reviews:

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Another average week. Still trying to get a little lower and despite the giant pasta meal I had with Dad and the pizza in the middle of the week it's working reasonably well. High weight: 114.5 Low weight: 112.4.
  • Nutrition stuff: I decided I am bad at being responsible with my eating if I bring chips into the house. I thought I could behave but I really don't, so this week I didn't buy chips. I've been really good with the spinach smoothies, eating apples as a snack frequently, putting healthy soups back into the mix, and varying the types of protein I'm eating.
  • Activity stuff: I met my goal every day this week EXCEPT Monday but I only missed it by fewer than a hundred steps so I think it still counts. Doing much better lately about getting my steps in earlier in the day so I am not trying to run around later in the night. My low day was Monday at 9,930, and my high day was Thursday at 22,600 steps.
Books Read:
  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week. 
  • Currently reading: Six Characters in Search of an Author and Other Plays by Luigi Pirandello. I'm on page 90.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Sweet Surrender" by Sarah McLachlan.


    Stuff drawn:


    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0848: "Enjoy the Silence." 






    New videos:

    None.



    New photos:

    Dad's doggie Honey

    Dad's doggie Max


    My Tiny Floating Whale and Cat Steven plushies

    New additions to Vualá Prizes collection, still missing one


    Social Media Counts:
    YouTube subscribers: 5,310 for swankivy (no change), 671 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 131 for Not-So-Giant Women (1 new). Twitter followers: 927 for swankivy (no change), 1,998 for JulieSondra (lost 3). Facebook: 301 friends for swankivy (no change), 631 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 79 likes for Negative One (no change), 230 likes for So You Write (no change), 86 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,457 (no change). Instagram followers: 236 (1 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment