Saturday, August 21, 2021

Personal Digest Saturday: August 14 – August 20

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I put my podcast plans together early in the day, got my blogging done, and worked on the Not-So-Giant Women podcast's next episode. Daria and I caught up for like an hour and a half before we started on the current recording so the time ran really late and I didn't have any time to practice any music, but it was a great time.

  • Sunday was another band practice. Stuff is coming together and we actually got some really good recordings, but my dad hates using the drum covers that make his drums softer. We went to a restaurant after where I ordered a Beyond Burger but didn't have room for it because I ate the cauliflower appetizer and fries. I tried to take a nap after I got home but couldn't sleep. Did laundry and trash but not much else.

  • Monday I helped on a letter and found out we won a contract! Hooray for us, we came in first place. Did some more with my podcast and tried another unsuccessful nap. Wasn't feeling really great. Played games with my friends and it was a good time as usual! Decided against another interview I was invited to, but I think I'm making the right choice. Talked to Jeaux after the games so I could try to get my steps in.

  • Tuesday work wasn't busy and that was good because I was pretty sick with tummy trouble. Still managed to get a lot of walking done though. Sent some recordings from band practice to my sister and practiced singing. Talked to my mom in the evening and she paid me back all the money I lent her because the refinancing came through. Went out at night and stole some sand for my succulents.

  • Wednesday I still wasn't feeling well with tummy trouble and discovered maybe it's because I've been eating moldy bread. I tried to have an egg sandwich that morning and the bread I had was verrryyy moldy, so yeah that's probably why. Worked on transcripts for the office. I wasn't feeling up to going out for groceries so Jeaux went to the store for me! But I still had a bad night after he left. But we did get to watch Colbert and Owl House and the new Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

  • Thursday after a bad night I was feeling better. Spent the day on transcripts again. I ate too many potato chips. After work I talked to Victor and drew comics.

  • Friday I got up early and mostly felt okay. Finished the transcripts and outlined proposals. Dad called and canceled band practice for this weekend but that's okay. After work I procrastinated somewhat but got the comic done and also did a karaoke recording and some fun posts online.
New Reviews:

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Strange week because I had tummy troubles and a weird appetite. But I still tracked because I guess you still track weird weeks. High weight: 113.1. Low weight: 111.2.
  • Nutrition stuff: I ate a LOT of fruit this week! And moldy bread but that probably wasn't good for me. But I was mostly just trying to eat things that I felt like I needed, and that was a really huge amount of fruit and occasionally salty things. And a lot of frozen treats (but at least the frozen treats I eat are mostly healthy--frozen yogurt and frozen fruit bars).
  • Activity stuff: I came in low on Friday, but that's the only day I didn't make my step goal. Which is actually weird because I didn't feel good and it would have been a smart week to take it easy, but I still managed to get the walking in during times I felt okay. I didn't feel like I was pushing it though. I don't think people should push to exercise when they're ill. My low day was Friday at 9,125, and my high day was Tuesday at 16,243 steps.
Books Read:
  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week. 
  • Currently reading: Six Characters in Search of an Author and Other Plays by Luigi Pirandello. I'm on page 102.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Losing My Religion" by R.E.M.


    Stuff drawn:


    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0849: "Out Loud." 






    New videos:

    Not-So-Giant Women Episode 24: An Indirect Kiss. Join Daria and Ivy as they watch and talk about "An Indirect Kiss" and cover such topics as healing power theories, Connie's place in the series, Amethyst's relationship with her body and how terrifying it is to watch that break down, representation for eyeglass wearers in television, squishy drawings by Raven and Paul, Pearl's "thing" for Rose, and a digression about bad eyesight. Probing Question: Why do so many of Rose's magical places seem to want to harm Steven?



    New photos:

    None.

    Social Media Counts:
    YouTube subscribers: 5,312 for swankivy (2 new), 671 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 131 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change). Twitter followers: 932 for swankivy (5 new), 2,005 for JulieSondra (7 new). Facebook: 298 friends for swankivy (lost 3 - I unfriended one person for posting misinformation about vaccines, but I don't know who the other two were), 631 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 80 followers for Negative One (no change), 230 likes for So You Write (no change), 86 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,455 (lost 2). Instagram followers: 238 (2 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment