Saturday, May 1, 2021

Personal Digest Saturday: April 24 – April 30

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I didn't have time for blogging--I just basically spent the whole day hanging out with Fen. They arrived around lunchtime and we hung out chatting for a while before going to the plant sale, where I got a dwarf powderpuff and a gardenia. Then we had some snacks, hung out, took walks, and enjoyed my backyard. After it started to get dark we ordered a pizza and watched cartoons outside in the dark on a big screen TV. Lots of fun except that Fen got a bee sting and I stepped on a tack. Great day! And next time Fen comes down for work meetings, we'll be able to visit INSIDE.

  • Sunday I did a lot of relaxing. I caught up on my blogging, did my laundry, and sang karaoke, but other than I just took it easy. I looked up information on how to care for my new plants and took a walk down to the water while talking to my sister. Then in the evening I dealt with a broken website form issue because the system I was using got more than 50 comments this month and apparently that is now too many for the plan I have. Had to spend some time changing it over and upgrading.

  • Monday involved a letter to prepare and edit and some timesheet stuff. Later took a walk before games with friends. Instead of our usual games we played Cards Against Humanity for some reason. Afterwards, talked to Jeaux and put away laundry.

  • Tuesday was a weird day of meetings that didn't happen and e-mails that didn't get to the people they were supposed to. Afterwards I answered some website messages and got an asexuality video recorded but didn't get to finish the subtitles. Also enjoyed my plants.

  • Wednesday I managed to finish my subtitles and publish my video. Also wrote the scripts to both of my webcomics. I did some work errands and had to leave early to go to my vaccine appointment with Jeaux. We got our shots and now we have both doses! We did our grocery shopping and picked up sandwiches, and went home to eat them while watching the movie I'm Thinking of Ending Things. We had ice cream sandwiches and went to bed kinda early--Jeaux stayed over in case either of us had side effects. I felt a little tired but nothing too bad.

  • Thursday we woke up and had some morning beverages, and Jeaux didn't feel well so he just set himself up on the couch and watched YouTube all day (or slept). I felt pretty good, just a little on the tired side, so I worked all day. Mom came over because she had some food from the food bank that she didn't want, so she gave it to me. When Jeaux woke up he ate some of it and went home. It was nice to get to visit with Mom a bit and show her my garage. After Jeaux went home I took a nap myself. Then Victor called and we chatted while I drew.

  • Friday I had a few meetings and loose ends at work. After work I repotted my plants and drew comics, managing to get both comics that were due today up before midnight. Hooray! Spent a little time working on preparations for podcasts before going to bed.

New Reviews:


Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Kinda the same as last week--on the high side but going nowhere alarming. High weight: 112 pounds. Low weight: 110.8.
  • Nutrition stuff: Since I had a friend visiting for two days and then got delivered a literal bag of bakery items, I've been kinda eating like crap, or at least eating inconsistently. Hoping to change that soon with some more vegetables.
  • Activity stuff: I know I just barely missed my goal on Friday by a couple hundred steps, but I don't know what happened on Sunday because my step counter didn't record anything I did. It was probably my low day but I will never know, so I'll just say it was Friday only that I missed my 10K goal. My high day was Thursday at 16,543 steps. My low day was Friday at 9,660 steps.
Reading progress:

  • Finished Reading: What If It's Us by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera. Five-star review.
  • Currently reading: How Mirka Met a Meteorite by Barry Deutsch. I'm just getting started.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Livin' on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi.


    Stuff Drawn:


    Webcomic So You Write Issue 119: "Competition." 









    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0833: "How to Run." 





    New videos: 

    Letters to an Asexual #79 is up. It's about projection--how people who don't understand asexual people's needs and desires sometimes try to tell us what they must be.




    New photos:

    Day 2 of hanging out with Fen

    New plants!

    Gardenia and dwarf powderpuff!


    A couple days post vaccine I have a little red blotch! (It's common.)



    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,286 for swankivy (no change), 670 for JulieSondra (1 new), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 124 for Not-So-Giant Women (3 new). Twitter followers: 931 for swankivy (no change), 1,511 for JulieSondra (3 new). Facebook: 301 friends for swankivy (1 new, an old friend re-friended me after his account got deleted, which makes me think maybe last week's lost friend was just him losing his account), 629 likes for JulieSondra (2 new), 75 likes for Negative One (no change), 227 likes for So You Write (1 new), 86 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (lost 1). Tumblr followers: 2,466 (lost 2). Instagram followers: 231 (no change).



    No comments:

    Post a Comment