Saturday, October 10, 2020

Personal Digest Saturday: October 3 – October 9

Life news this week:

  • Saturday was a day of procrastination. I managed to get my planning stuff done for the podcast I was gonna do the same night but nothing else really--just read my own old comic issues for fun and avoided doing important stuff. Well, the other thing I did do was make a silly video for my nephew. It's called "Poop School #1" and it's a game we played last time I saw him. I pretend to be a teacher who asks poop-related questions. He's six and finds it funny. Of course, I'm forty-two and also find it funny. The podcast recording with Daria was lovely as usual--we recorded "Full Disclosure" and "Joy Ride."

  • Sunday I had another lazy morning--slept late and didn't emerge from the bedroom until afternoon. Did more old comics reading and made another "Poop School" video for my nephew. I did a bunch of walks too. Finally got my blogging done from the previous day and did some laundry. Also did karaoke.

  • Monday it was back to work. Had to edit a letter and do some research on utilities. After work I made a silly video for a music cover--I got dressed up in costumes for each of the four main characters of Steven Universe and covered the show's theme song in four-part harmony. So that was fun. But I also played online games with my friends.

  • Tuesday I got up early to go to meetings online but they were canceled. I did some utility stuff, document processing stuff, and proposal stuff. Did some editing on my next podcast video and took a long walk (made longer because I got lost). Made a guide to my singing videos to collect them all on Amino.

  • Wednesday the meetings were canceled again! So I worked on a database most of the day. I took some walks and read some funny entries on a blog where people who want stuff for free try to "pay" artists in "exposure." Obnoxious. Jeaux came over after work and we shopped, ate veggie burgers and fries, and watched the ending of season 1 of Umbrella Academy. He also took a walk with me because I didn't have enough steps for my quota!

  • Thursday the meetings finally happened. I got some info together and made progress on my proposal, and also did some more database stuff. Mom said she would come over but did not. I dropped off my mail-in ballot! Yay I voted! Also worked on my podcast video and got it posted for "Onion Trade." Talked to Victor for a while and drew comics.

  • Friday work was busy. I had to make a resume for another new guy, make some reports and revamp a database, and update some utility stuff. Then on top of that was my normal Friday work. Managed to take some walks too. Mom finally came over after work! We hung out, gave each other things we'd been saving for each other, chatted, and didn't really get around to most of the stuff she'd been planning to do at my house. I got my comic done and posted it, and recorded a kinda low-effort recording of "Let Me Drive My Van (Into Your Heart)," and not much else.
New Reviews of My Book:

Food Plan Update:

  • Everything's great. Lost another half pound and am THIIIS close to that big milestone. Maybe next week I'll be there. :) I am trying to incorporate soup into more of my meals because I need vegetables and am having trouble being enthusiastic about fresh ones these days.

Reading progress:

  • Finished Reading: Gravity Is the Thing by Jaclyn Moriarty. Four-star review.
  • Currently reading: Animorphs Graphic Novel #1: The Invasion by K.A. Applegate, Michael Grant, and Chris Grine. I'm on page 99.
    New singing performances:


    This week's karaoke song is "What About Love?" by Heart.



    Stuff Drawn:


    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0804: "Brother and Sister."






    New videos: 

    "We Are the Crystal Gems": The theme song in cosplay, featuring four-part harmony and ukulele playing!

     

    "Let Me Drive My Van (Into Your Heart)": Here I am playing Greg Universe's famous song!

     

    Not-So-Giant Women #15: "Onion Trade" is out. Join Daria and Ivy as they watch and talk about "Onion Trade" and cover such topics as child endangerment, Onion being a thief, the ethics of mystery pack toys, funnel cake, Onion's chaos face, the mystery of Dave Guy's identity, Onion as a potential secret crime boss, and how replicators work. We also do impressions of Onion and his dad.


    New photos:

    None.

    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,298 for swankivy (lost 3), 668 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 101 for Not-So-Giant Women (lost 1). Twitter followers: 942 for swankivy (lost 2), 1,355 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Facebook: 298 friends for swankivy (no change), 630 likes for JulieSondra (lost 2), 64 likes for Negative One (1 new), 221 likes for So You Write (no change), 84 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,480 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 203 (no change).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment