Sunday, October 4, 2020

Personal Digest Saturday (but posted on Sunday!): September 26 – October 2

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I had plans with Mom but she wasn't able to come. I spent the day working on yaelaed's transcript so I could post their interview video and I managed to get it all done. I also took walks and redid my decorations for autumnal equinox, so it looks more like early fall than late summer in my house now. I chatted on the phone with Jeaux and put up the last of my laundry from the previous week, and I researched banana milk and stuffed pancakes because I wanted to make some. Got my blogging done too but it was technically Sunday when it posted.

  • Sunday I had plans with Mom but she still wasn't able to come. I did laundry and dishes and cleaned my outside table. Took a walk inside the house because of the rain. Chatted to Mom on the phone because she wasn't able to visit. Did more research on banana milk and wrote up a review of the Season 5 instrumental album for Steven Universe. Did my karaoke.

  • Monday I got up super early for a meeting but it got canceled so I just worked early anyway. I had to work on a letter, collect timesheets, and process new guy paperwork. After work I rode my bike to the Asian market and got the stuff I needed to make stuffed pancakes and banana milk. Also dropped off postcards at the Post Office that I wrote for supporting candidates I want to win in states I don't live in. The bike ride was really nice for some reason and I found most of what I wanted at the market. I played games with my friends online and we had a terrific time. Put away laundry and planned a comic for So You Write.

  • Tuesday I attended the postponed meeting and it turns out it was for a proposal we're dealing with. Then I had another afternoon meeting with some utilities people I'm working with for a pursuit. It's pretty intense and I'm going to be in charge of my own three projects for utilities if we win. Oof. After work my mom was supposed to come but she canceled again. I made the pancakes anyway and froze some for her. The pancakes are Korean filled pancakes called hotteok. They have a brown sugar filling and various nuts and seeds--I decided to use sunflower seeds, walnuts, and almonds. Yum! Also made the banana milk and it was delicious, and I had bought some store-bought fruit milks to compare them to. I liked mine best! I played games online with my sisters. We had a lovely sister time.

  • Wednesday I had to dive into my utilities project. I wrote up a list of everything we have to investigate on the three projects I'm doing and I bounced the list off the coodinator people I'm working with. They gave me some more feedback and then I walked to the Post Office to drop off more political postcards. Jeaux and I went to the grocery store and had cauliflower pasta for our dinner. We watched a few episodes of The Umbrella Academy. He liked my hotteok and banana milk.

  • Thursday I was mostly just routing e-mails about utilities since I had sent out over 30 messages to the utilities for my projects. Also had to do some updates on the data entry project. I sent out more political postcards, wrote my webcomic, and made videos for my sister P. Posted some cartoon blog stuff and talked to Victor on the phone while drawing comics.

  • Friday I was a little sleepy all day. I sent more utility mails and coordinated about the data entry, some stamp applications, and Excel documents for my boss. Mailed my last 10 postcards for the campaigns. Stayed late at work because I was waiting for some answers that didn't come. After, I did my comic pretty early and posted it. I didn't get around to the other stuff I wanted to do because I was distracted by news.
New Reviews of My Book:

Food Plan Update:

  • So! I'm within a pound of my (first) goal weight, and very proud that I've continued to hit 10,000 steps a day and stay under my recommended intake for overall meal plans. I haven't done great at the balance of TYPES of food though--still need to eat more leafy greens and veggies, though I'm doing pretty well with fruit and have some every day.

  • Since this is the end-of-the-month update (a little late for September), I guess I owe you some stats. I am ending the week at 117 pounds, down from a high of 126.5. Not bad. My "goal" was set at 116, but eventually I'd really like to be around 110. For maintenance purposes I'll be happy to be between 105 and 115. I don't want to go below 105. Realistically I don't think I'll get much below 110 though. Here are the exercise summaries.





Reading progress:

  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week. Almost done with my current read.
    New singing performances:


    This week's karaoke song is "Army of Me" by Björk.



    Stuff Drawn:


    Webcomic So You Write Issue 0803: "It's Fantasy."









    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0803: "A Word."






    New videos: 

    None this week.

    New photos:

    Banana Milk!


    Filled Hotteok

    Sealed Hotteok


    Frying Hotteok


    Cooked Hotteok


    Filling of Hotteok


    My Korean street food


    Eating it up!

    Mailing my postcards!



    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,301 for swankivy (lost 1), 668 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 102 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change). Twitter followers: 944 for swankivy (2 new), 1,356 for JulieSondra (4 new). Facebook: 298 friends for swankivy (1 new--friended Jesse, partner of a friend), 632 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 63 likes for Negative One (1 new), 221 likes for So You Write (1 new), 84 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,481 (1 new). Instagram followers: 203 (1 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment