Saturday, December 7, 2019

Personal Digest Saturday: November 30 – December 6

Life news this week:
  • Saturday I just ate leftovers all day and updated my blog stuff. Did some processing for the podcast's Episode 1 and studied some playthroughs for the new game Unleash the Light. And I finished NaNoWriMo at 50,768 words but the book itself still isn't done and needs a lot of editing, damn. Also had to scramble to draw and write the next So You Write comic and did so while chatting with Meggie on the phone.
  • Sunday I did laundry, paid bills, and kinda enjoyed not having to write anything, lol. I did a silly thing acting out a scene from cartoons with cereal (and also ate the cereal). I updated some online recipes and wrote up stuff for the next podcast recordings. Daria and I recorded episodes 7 and 8. I also did karaoke.
  • Monday I got buried in our proposals that were due Wednesday--some stuff for the City of Winter Haven and Polk County. (Three proposals for Polk County!) A lot of designing CD labels and tabbed dividers. After work I made some Crystal Lizard candy (white chocolate lizard-shaped lollipops with sugar crystals), studied more playthrough videos, updated the podcast, and wrote up notes for the next podcast recording.
  • Tuesday I was SLAMMED at the office because we had to produce all our proposals and I had to do all the printing and hole-punching. Madness! I stayed an hour and a half late (which was fine) but almost was late to my podcast recording (which wasn't so fine, though my partner obviously would have been cool with it if I had to delay!). We recorded our episodes 9 and 10. Also, my post about the Crystal Lizards got a front-page feature on Amino.
  • Wednesday I worked on proposals that are due next week. After work I went to East! with Jeaux to eat that sushi burrito again, and then we went shopping and watched Brooklyn Nine-Nine. We finished all the episodes! And I received the world's cutest tiny record player.
  • Thursday I worked on those proposals again. We're proposing to Pinellas County and Hernando County now. After work Victor and I met up and grilled hamburgers and hot dogs (mine were veggie versions) as a reference to the Steven Universe episode "Beach Party." He also got to eat a Lizard. And we watched some special features on the DVD player after he spent like an hour trying to fix the mixed up wires.
  • Friday Victor and I walked to the bus stop together and he went home and I went to work. I was again buried in proposal stuff but also I did some data entry and found a weird ghost in the machine. At home I finished drawing my webcomic and also it was cool receiving my deluxe vinyl records of the SU movie soundtrack.
New reviews of my book:


  • Jen Si gave it a 4-star review on Audible.


Interviews, Articles, Mentions:


  • Researchgate.net has a discussion about asexuality-related books and it references my book.


NaNoWriMo progress:


  • Saturday, November 30: 1,472 words.

Reading progress:
  • Finished this week: No books finished this week! I rode the bus (my usual reading time) less than I should have because it was cold, and the one day I was riding alone, I forgot to bring my book.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "You Can Call Me Al" by Paul Simon.




    Stuff Drawn:







    Webcomic So You Write Issue 102: "Keeping Up."











    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0760: "Same As Me."









    New videos: 

    Podcast "Not-So-Giant Women" Episode 001 "Gem Glow" is up.




    New photos:


    Steven cereal
    Brave hero stops the foot


    what
    Crystal Lizards
    "True Kinda Love" 3-inch vinyl single





    Veggie dogs and a veggie burger!
    Our grilled food
    Nerds at a beach party
    Cronch
    Victor's a lizard eater
    Universal Yums box from Austria!
    SU: The Movie deluxe vinyl!
    All the SU vinyl


    Social Media Counts:


    YouTube subscribers: 5,263 for swankivy (lost 2), 681 for JulieSondra (no change), 15 for v & V Vids (no change), 28 for Not-So-Giant Women (10 new). Twitter followers: 975 for swankivy (lost 1), 1,355 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 295 friends (1 new, someone from YouTube friended me) and 208 followers (lost 2) for swankivy, 647 likes for JulieSondra (lost 2), 63 likes for Negative One (no change), 163 likes for So You Write (no change), 21 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,507 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 188 (no change).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment