Saturday, February 16, 2019

Personal Digest Saturday: February 9 – February 15

Life news this week:
  • Saturday I got a much-needed sleep and cleaned up my house a little. My mom came over and visited for a bit, bringing my belated birthday gift: a record player (with bluetooth capability) to replace the system that hasn't been working. Woohoo! We watched some videos and chatted. In the evening I did some sketching and talked to Meggie on the phone.
  • Sunday I did laundry and finished my sketches. Finally got to post this comic I'd been working on. I also did karaoke and did some editing.
  • Monday I had several letters to work on at the office. After work I played DDR and talked to Jeaux because he was considering applying for a sideways move at the job he works at.
  • Tuesday I sent some stuff at the post office and took a paid ride to work. We had a meeting and lots of technical difficulties. I spent the rest of the day cleaning up some of the detritus from the meeting and then after work I went home and played DDR. Talked to Jeaux again--he applied for the position. I also made a video.
  • Wednesday it was rainy so I had to get a paid ride again. I tried to help my mom with a couple things--she wants to meet with her financial adviser again and I helped, and I investigated some mysterious notices she got about her taxes. After work I drew a picture of Garnet and then I took Jeaux out to eat at Carrabba's because he got the position. I also processed the subtitles on my new video and watched a silly show with Jeaux.
  • Thursday was tiring. I didn't get much done anywhere. Victor and I talked and I drew some of my comic. I did share my cute drawing and my new video online because they were associated with Valentine's Day. Also an interview with me was published--about comics!
  • Friday I had to help with computer troubleshooting at the office and update a bunch of reports. After work I got frustrated because my computer keeps doing this thing where it installs an update that makes me unable to use my Microsoft Word, which I needed to complete my webcomic. This time, the uninstall fix I have used many times to combat this did not work. I had to scramble to install the right fonts on another machine and get it done. Barely made it. It's so annoying that this update has been KNOWN to break Microsoft Office programs for the last five months and they won't fix it--just keep forcing update installs and breaking my computer, and apparently the update is mainly to make a needed change to the Japanese calendar (which I don't use).
  • Victor and I decided to start a YouTube channel together. It's called v & V. We only have one extremely long video about Victor trying to see if this alcohol will get him drunk. But soon we will make better videos when we get around to it. Subscribe to us! We have no subscribers.
Articles, Interviews, Mentions:




My diet progress: 


  • Lost another half pound, which is again not as fast as I wanted. Down to 115.5.

Reading progress:
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Stay (I Missed You)" by Lisa Loeb.




    Stuff Drawn:

    My sweet sketch comic "Spend It" was finished this week. It's about Steven Universe, but you don't need to know anything about the show to enjoy it this time. (It's Amethyst trying to teach Pearl to sleep.) 




    And here is a Garnet Valentine.






    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0718: "Smallest."






    New videos:

    Love & Romance: A video with a message for asexual and aromantic people on Valentine's Day.



    The almost two-hour video on Drinking Experiments that Victor and I made together. He has never been drunk and was trying to change that.



    New photos:


    Cool promo cards I got in advance of the Steven Universe trading card set coming out soon
    The bus ads are pretty creepy these days.
    Two of my three White Diamond pins came in!
    (She's a Steven Universe villain.)
    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,234 for swankivy (3 new), 673 for JulieSondra (lost 2). Twitter followers: 960 for swankivy (lost 2), 1,344 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Facebook: 295 friends (no change) and 207 followers (no change) for swankivy, 650 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 62 likes for Negative One (no change), 145 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,516 (no change). Instagram followers: 170 (2 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment