Saturday, January 26, 2019

Personal Digest Saturday: January 19 – January 25

Life news this week:
  • Saturday was Meggie's birthday. We had plans to go out to a flea market with Victor but we didn't feel like going anywhere because in the morning Meg got a text saying our friend Steve, who we knew for more than 20 years, had died from a heart attack. We still saw Victor and opened gifts and tried to make the best of it--but we ate a bunch of stuff we "shouldn't have" and were really sad and tired. I got an animatronic Yoda as my gift from Victor. We listened to podcasts and hung out playing games and drawing that night after Victor went home.
  • Sunday was another pretty sad day and we tried to distract ourselves. We went shopping at the mall and bought a bunch of crap, including me getting some shiny, light-up shoes at 70% off! We also ate at BJ's and I got cool new lights for outside my house. My mom said she would stop by to see us but canceled, so we went out to eat Japanese food that night and came home and watched the Mister Rogers documentary.
  • Monday we went out briefly to get some goodies at a bakery, but mostly just stayed home and hung out until it was time to go to Jeaux's house for THE SEASON FIVE FINALE OF STEVEN UNIVERSE, which was an unprecedented 44-minute special. We brought some food and ate together, and then got our faces blown off by the cartoon. We watched it two and a half times in the same night. We basically spent the rest of the night talking about it.
  • Tuesday was my last day of vacation. Meghan and I hung out a bit in the morning but she left pretty early. I got some stuff updated after she left and did a little cleaning up and laundry. My friend Arthur came over in the evening and we watched Twin Peaks and also HE wanted to rewatch the finale of Steven Universe even though he had already seen it. It was great. After he left I stayed up until a comic came out and read it before I went to sleep.
  • Wednesday I had to go back to work. Boo! But I caught up on all my missing work and things were good. What was bad was the infestation of gigantic flies in the office--hundreds of HUGE flies everywhere! They were clustered up in the lights. I reported it to the building manager. Then after work I went to a mall with Jeaux, where he gave me a birthday present (a cake pan!) and bought me dinner. Then we went grocery shopping and home. We didn't get to watch anything because I was sleepy. I took a nap.
  • Thursday I woke up from my nap in the middle of the night and listened to a Steven Universe podcast about the recent finale. My power went out a few times while I was trying to document the podcast for Tumblr! (I always do this for the podcasts. Both to have a version that can be searched and for people who can't or won't listen to the podcasts.) Then I went to work very sleepy and fell asleep a couple times in my chair, whoops! The flies were still there and my co-worker was spraying Raid which gave me a headache. I went home and slept until Victor called me and then I drew comics.
  • Friday work was uneventful and when I went home I got a bunch of my comic done. My mom came over and brought me a bunch of food my sister had left there, and I gave her some clothes my co-worker had given me. We hung out and enjoyed each other's company. Then she left and I finished my comic.
My diet progress: 


  • It was an unusual week with a vacation, a surprise death, and birthday goodies, so I didn't lose (or, happily, gain) any weight.

Reading progress:
  • Finished this week:  I have been on vacation and didn't take the bus at all, so I didn't finish the book I was reading, BUT I did finish a Steven Universe comic! I gave Ongoing Comic #24 a five-star review.
  • Currently readingDrunk Monkeys Anthology Volume 3 by Matthew Guerruckey.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Oh Father" by Madonna.




    Stuff Drawn:


    Promo art for the SU Season 5 finale, "Change Your Mind."
    Doodle of Garnet when she was brand new, with Rose and Pearl.



    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0715: "On Our Guard."






    New videos:

    No new videos.

    New photos:


    Universal Yums "Everywhere" snack pack, with snacks
    from various countries. Victor, Meghan, and I ate these.
    New shoes require a charger!
    Jeaux, me, and Meghan about to be murdered by a cartoon



    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,240 for swankivy (2 new), 674 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Twitter followers: 959 for swankivy (lost 4), 1,344 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 296 friends (1 new, new friend Lily!) and 208 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 652 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 62 likes for Negative One (no change), 145 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,516 (no change). Instagram followers: 168 (1 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment