Saturday, February 10, 2018

Personal Digest Saturday: February 3 – February 9 [GIF Warning]

Life news this week:
  • Saturday my mom was supposed to visit but she never made it over so I spent the day just chilling. I played a video game, washed dishes, updated my Amino posts, and made lemon bars. I didn't feel well so I took a couple naps.
  • Sunday was Queer Brunch. My friends Arthur and Yasmin picked me up and took me to the event. I got to have a fun conversation with some younger folks and it turned out one of them was a fan of my videos and had seen me on TV, and told me they'd been trying to figure out if I was that person. They thanked me for my help with discovering their identity. So rewarding to hear! I contributed the lemon bars and Arthur and Yasmin brought this awesome lentil thing. After the event, I just played video games and did laundry.
  • Monday I had a cough. I worked on an Access database all day and then at home I worked on my website revamp.
  • Tuesday I helped co-workers and updated databases. At home I worked on the website more and did a drawing of Garnet that turned out really cool. (I was participating in a screenshot redraw challenge, so it was an "assigned" drawing, but I ended up really liking what I made.)
  • Wednesday I had a really bad runny nose and used up most of a box of tissues, but I was at work. I helped check some plans and made some really big maps on our plotter. Then I went to Toyko Sushi with Jeaux and then back to my place where he helped me play video games and laughed at how bad I am.
  • Thursday I was feeling a little better. Built more of the Access database, and then when I got home I worked on animation for my drawing because I wanted it to be special. I talked to Victor on the phone and drew webcomics too.
  • Friday was good, I posted my drawing on Amino and tried a new place down the road for lunch--ended up having one of the tastiest veggie burgers ever! Then I went home and worked on my comic. My mom came over in the latter part of the evening, having been delayed because her car got a flat tire. (She drives really rarely these days.) Glad she finally felt good enough to go out! 
Reading progress:
    New singing performances:

    This week's song was "One Week" by the Barenaked Ladies.




    New drawings: 

    I had to redraw a screenshot from the show and the picture I was assigned was this one (from episode 11, "Arcade Mania"): 



    It represents a situation where Garnet was busy playing video games and got hypnotized by the game and couldn't help fight monsters when they needed her. So this is my version:


    Woohoo I animated it!



    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0665: "I Haven't Changed."






    New videos:

    None.

    New photos:


    Me with new Steven Universe plushies!
    My Queer Brunch button
    The heart donuts at the office just don't stop!

    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,269 for swankivy (lost 1), 659 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Twitter followers: 907 for swankivy (no change), 1,320 for JulieSondra (lost 4). Facebook: 297 friends (no change) and 202 followers (no change) for swankivy, 659 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 126 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,510 (no change). Instagram followers: 134 (1 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment