Saturday, July 30, 2016

Personal Digest Saturday: July 23 – July 29

Life news this week: 
  • Another week of Steven Universe episodes made the week kinda weird since I had to go to Jeaux's every day after work to watch it. The mood of this thing is flipping around so dramatically that it's kinda messing with me.
  • Saturday was really good actually. Most things went right! I went shopping and found some really cute toys at GameStop, and had time to shower and pack before Eric came over and collected me for Drink and Draw. And the night was lovely--got plenty of drawing done, hung out with Eric and Joy and Christian, talked cartoons and art, and then spent the night opening my new toys and eating candy. I felt like it was just a really sweet day.
  • Sunday I did some shopping and almost got caught in the rain--made it home minutes before the sky opened up. Had a chat with Fred about our upcoming vacation, talked to my parents, and did some household chores.
  • Monday I worked, shopped for groceries, saw the new episode of Steven Universe at Jeaux's house ("Restaurant Wars"), and opened some packages I got at home.
  • Tuesday my work had a party for me because it's my ten-year anniversary. Wow! I got pizza from one of my favorite places and they gave me a nice card, aww. I saw the new SU episode, "Kiki's Pizza Delivery Service," at Jeaux's, and Mom came over at my place for a very short time and didn't stay over. I just got some more vacation prep done.
  • Wednesday I had some printing and binding to do at work, and then it was Jeaux Day. We ate at Marlow's Tavern again (I had a coupon), and my food was super good. I had chickpea fries and a bowl of pasta. Wow. Then the SU episode was "Monster Reunion" (eek), and we hung out at my house listening to Alice Isn't Dead. Got some drawing done too.
  • Thursday I had some extra time in the morning and spent it on watching some silly stuff and preparing some vacation stuff. After work I saw the SU episode "Alone at Sea," which is one of the most disturbing depictions of a realistic abusive relationship I think I've ever seen in fiction, much less in a kids' cartoon. Yikes, this show. At home I chatted to Victor and finished processing my webcomic.
  • Friday I tied up some loose ends at work and went to Jeaux's to see the SU episode "Greg the Babysitter." Aw! Then I came home and packed for vacation. That pretty much took up the whole night.
    New reviews of my book:
    Interviews, Features, Mentions:
     
    Reading progress:
    • Finished this week: Nothing this week, but while on vacation I should get some done!
    • Currently reading: Dumplin' by Julie Murphy.
      New singing performances:

      Here I'm singing "Violently Happy" by Björk.

       

      New drawings:

      Did a bunch of calendar drawings to celebrate Summer of Steven episodes. These were each drawn at work as sort of "guesses" about each episode's content focus, so I could use them in my Facebook posts to talk about episodes.


      Day 6: Fryman and Kofi arguing about food.

      Day 7: Kiki cheering on dream warrior Steven.

      Day 8: Centipeetle eating Chaaaaps.

      Day 9: Lapis looking grim.

      Day 10: Greg holding a baby while Rose looks on.




      Webcomic Negative One Issue 0585: "Looking For This."






      New videos:

      None!

      New photos:

      I'm at Drink and Draw!

      My cute new figures in their box!

      My ten-year thank-you card and gift card.

      My calendar filled up with cartoons.
      And here are the shirts I wore for the Steven stuff:

      Day 6: Cookie Cat shirt, watching "Restaurant Wars."

      Day 7: Keep Beach City Weird shirt, watching "Kiki's Pizza Delivery Service."

      Day 8: Secret Team shirt, watching "Monster Reunion."

      Day 9: Back Together shirt, watching "Alone at Sea."

      Day 10: Guitar Dad shirt, watching "Greg the Babysitter."

      Social Media counts:
       
      YouTube subscribers: 5,353 for swankivy (lost 2), 579 for JulieSondra (3 new). Twitter followers: 810 for swankivy (2 new), 1,272 for JulieSondra (4 new). Facebook: 291 friends (no change) and 200 followers (lost 1) for swankivy, 639 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 124 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,457 (2 new). Instagram followers: 79 (3 new).

      No comments:

      Post a Comment