Saturday, February 13, 2016

Personal Digest Saturday: February 6 – February 12

Life news this week: 
  • The weekend wasn't remarkable really; I did a lot of relaxing. I did answer some of my social media messages and get some writing done, and I went briefly into short story submission mode, but that was really all I got accomplished. Mostly I was just watching cartoon stuff and reading.
  • Monday was a usual work day, and I played DDR after work and didn't get anything done.
  • Tuesday Mom took me grocery shopping and we hung out at her house. I got to meet her new roommate, Michael, and that was nice, and we also did Skype with my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew. So nice to see them all doing well.
  • Wednesday was Jeaux Day. We had Moe's burritos and did our usual impassioned chat about cartoons and feminism. We watched the season finale of Galavant and watched three episodes of Over the Garden Wall. I gave him an early Valentine card with cartoons on it and a mini Krackel bar taped to the envelope.
  • Thursday was weird all day for no good reason. I got a notification about a package in the apartment office, so I went to get it, but in the process I found a package that was sent to me in early January that had been sitting in the office all that time. I'd assumed it was stolen since a) I got no door notification about it (and only knew because my friend asked if I'd received it since he had FedEx confirmation of delivery); b) my welcome mat was moved way off to the side that day as if something had been under it but wasn't anymore; and c) when I reported the incident to the apartment manager she just told me a bunch of stuff about what I should have done differently to prevent the package getting stolen, but didn't offer that it might be in the cabinet where they keep delivered packages. So yeah I got a birthday present from five weeks ago. Jerks. Anyway, I worked that day and talked to my friend Victor on the phone that night. Ta-dah.
  • Friday was nothing special either. I drew my comic and that's about it. I don't have anything that exciting to tell anyone this week I guess.

    New reviews of my book:
      Interviews, Features, Mentions:


      Reading progress:

      • Completed reading: Nothing, I'm afraid.
      • Currently reading: The Wall Around Eden by Joan Slonczewski.

      New singing performances:

      Here I'm singing "Darkness" by Darren Hayes

       

      New drawings:


      Webcomic Negative One Issue 0561: "Colors Underneath."






      Webcomic So You Write Issue 57: "The Truth Hurts."





      New videos:

      None, but Keith posted the first part of our video where he and I discuss Steven Universe and science fiction on his show. It can actually be interesting even if you do not watch the show or want to watch the show, because we discuss media and its history and whatnot in a way that doesn't require interest in or familiarity with the show.



      New photos: 

      My new Amethyst shirt, which allows me to look like I'm about to
      cut a Dumpster in half even if I'm just standing there.


      Social Media counts: 

      YouTube subscribers: 5,281 for swankivy (10 new), 559 for JulieSondra (3 new). Twitter followers: 747 for swankivy (6 new), 1,207 for JulieSondra (lost 2). Facebook: 287 friends (no change) and 193 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 630 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 118 likes for So You Write (lost one). Tumblr followers: 2,314 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 57 (2 new).

      No comments:

      Post a Comment