Saturday, February 27, 2016

Personal Digest Saturday: February 20 – February 26

Life news this week: 
  • Saturday was Drink and Draw! It was a smallish crew because of a glitch associated with the invite, but I made it. I got to draw my writing comic and some frames of my story comic. Eric slept over because he was tired.
  • Sunday I did lots of laundry and watched YouTube because I'm a boss.
  • Monday I did grocery shopping and work, and talked to Meggie on the phone. Her husband was in the hospital again. Errgh.
  • Tuesday my mom slept over and I doodled some comics while we had some chats. Also, it was kinda surprising but the author of one of the Steven Universe books I reviewed last week wrote to me to thank me for the in-depth Amazon review. Hee!
  • Wednesday was Jeaux Day. We went to IHOP for our food (it's been a while!). We were planning to check out Hamilton because everyone says it's good but it's kind of long so we're waiting. We watched more Over the Garden Wall instead.
  • Thursday I kind wasted the evening watching YouTube again. And I reread old blog posts that made me want to write stuff again.
  • Friday was weird. I had to work early and everyone had comments about a sweater I've worn before. And Steven Universe's UK site dropped clips from episodes that HAVEN'T AIRED YET and the Internet exploded. I went home amidst the wreckage and drew my comic, then made a video.
    New Reviews of My Book:


    Interviews, Features, Mentions:
      • A Goodreads Giveaway for two copies of my book is being held through March 9. It is available only to US residents.

          Reading progress:


          New singing performances:

          Here I'm singing "What I Am" by Edie Brickell and New Bohemians.

           

          New drawings:


          Webcomic Negative One Issue 0563: "This Easy."






          New videos:

          Here's "Publishing Surprises," which is basically about what surprised me about getting published.

           

          And Keith posted the third part of our video where he and I discuss Steven Universe and science fiction on his show.




          New photos: 

          Me with the Drink and Draw poster
          featuring Undertale-inspired art.
          Social Media counts: 

          YouTube subscribers: 5,271 for swankivy (4 new), 561 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 752 for swankivy (2 new), 1,210 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 287 friends (no change) and 194 followers (no change) for swankivy, 630 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 118 likes for So You Write (1 new). Tumblr followers: 2,320 (lost 2). Instagram followers: 61 (2 new).

          No comments:

          Post a Comment