Saturday, January 9, 2016

Personal Digest Saturday: January 2 – January 8

Life news this week: 
  • Saturday and Sunday were my sister's last days in Florida for this visit, so we made the most of them. On Saturday we went to Sarasota again to visit my dad's side of the family. We saw our grandma, had lunch, saw our grandpa, and had dinner. I got to have a little nap in the middle of the day while everyone else went to a big cat exhibit 'cause I was tired. We had a really good time though!
  • Sunday morning I went to my mom's for breakfast and got to have one last visit with P, Y, and Ash. We ate up some leftover stuff and hung out, and then I went home. I did some chores and got some writing done, but not much.
  • Um, so this week, Steven Universe came back from a pretty long hiatus, and it was set for five new episodes to air every weekday. Jeaux and I kind of made an event out of it, so I went to his house every day after work and we watched the new cartoons and talked about them!
  • I also had to work a lot of extra hours because we had a huge interview that the company president flew in for, plus a new deadline for a big project. I usually work 28 hours a week and this week I worked 35. Plus there was stress from my friend having surgery--was worried about him and his wife, my Meggie.
  • Monday I helped with the presentation at work, and I went to Jeaux's after for the first episode of the special cartoon event. It was called "The Answer" and it was full of backstory on my favorite character in the show so it killed me completely dead. (I haven't recovered yet. I'm serious.) Oh, and Jeaux and I also watched the triumphant return of the show Galavant, but I was still kinda buzzed from the cartoons. :)
  • On Tuesday we were supposed to have our belated holiday party (organized that way because we wanted our president to come), but it was just too busy with preparing for the interview the next day. I worked another long day and then went to Jeaux's for the cartoon. Then I had to go BACK to work to finish some handouts for them.
  • Wednesday was Jeaux Day and I left work early because I finished what I needed to finish and desperately needed a nap. I took one, then met Jeaux for (of course) cartoons, then we ate at Chili's. We hung out at my house talking about cartoons. After, I tried to do some reading, but I didn't make it through this week's book. I was just not doing well with the concentrating. Ughhhh.
  • Thursday I had to learn how to do this stuff with maps at work, which is hard for me but kinda fun. Then I met Jeaux for the cartoon and had to rush back to the office to get picked up for the office party, which was rescheduled to this day. I was checking in on my phone for news about my friend's surgery and texting a little with Meggie during it. Our office ate at an Italian place called Gino's and then went to the boss's house for dessert, where I had apple pie. Mmmm! One of my coworkers took me home and put my bike in the back of his car. When he pulled it off the chain had ripped off and I didn't know how to fix it, so boooooo.
  • Friday I had to walk to work because of the aforementioned chain disaster. I did more of the hard map stuff, then went to Jeaux's for the last episode of the cartoon event. This was my second favorite but nothing came close to Monday's. Heeeheeeheeeeee. Jeaux took me home in a rental car he'd gotten to go visit his family this weekend, and he fixed my bike, and then I got to finish drawing my comic and relaxed the rest of the night. Hooray!
    New reviews of my book:

          Reading progress:

          • Completed reading: Nothing because I was busy being cartoon trash and working a lot.
          • Currently reading: Are You My Mother? by Alison Bechdel.

          New singing performances:

          Here I'm singing "Glad You Came" by The Wanted.

           

          New drawings:



          Webcomic Negative One Issue 0556: "Visualize."





          New videos:

          None.

          New photos: 
          Ash and Yusuke watching a program intently at my dad's.

          Baby kisses for my sister while wearing Great-Grandpa's headphones.
          First selfie of 2016 is a keeper!

          The morning of their departure, Ash was wearing his dino towel.
          I bought some Steven Universe–related stuff this week:

          Cookie Cat cookie cutter
          Steven hoodie
          With a Cheeseburger Backpack

          And because I have a pretty decent number of friends who watch this show with whom I wanted to discuss its new episodes on Facebook BUT many of them would get spoiled by the posts if they couldn't watch until later . . . I posted photos of myself at Jeaux's with the title cards as "spoiler threads" so people could squee about everything without spoiling people who hadn't seen yet! My spoiler thread photos for all five:

          "The Answer" (aka Original Space Lesbians, aka the one that killed me)
          "Steven's Birthday" (aka "Steven is
          HOW OLD YOU SAY???")
          "It Could've Been Great" (aka Ronaldo was right all along)
          "Message Received" (aka Steven
          is hardcore and OMG YD)
          "Log Date 7 15 2" (aka Peridot is shipping trash HAHAA)

          Social Media counts: 

          YouTube subscribers: 5,253 for swankivy (2 new this week), 547 for JulieSondra (2 new). Twitter followers: 724 for swankivy (6 new), 1,202 for JulieSondra (6 new). Facebook: 287 friends (1 new, friended Kelly) and 185 followers (no change) for swankivy, 627 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 116 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,313 (5 new).

          No comments:

          Post a Comment