Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Wednesday Factoid: Favorite Book Series

Today's Wednesday Factoid is: What is your favorite book series?

Wow, that's gonna be hard to answer. I really like Animorphs and Artemis Fowl and His Dark Materials and A Series of Unfortunate Events and Vinge's Cat series and Young Wizards, but I think I'm going to go with Shannon Hale's Books of Bayern.


Every one of these books is a treasure, each focusing on a different character in an interconnected plot. Shannon Hale always does such a great job inventing characters who remain at the heart of their stories even if they're caught up in an epic plot, and she's excellent at showing what it's like to be dealing with the personal aspects of what epic plots do to you. I've really enjoyed nearly every book this author has written, but these would be my favorites of hers. The worldbuilding is also really incredible, with such unusual ideas executed in such unique ways.

I want everyone to love these books. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment