Saturday, October 24, 2015

Personal Digest Saturday: October 17 – October 23

Life news this week: 
  • Saturday was Drink and Draw! What a fun time. I got a ride in with a different group but met Eric there, and we all doodled all night. Eric drew three pictures!
  • And for the record Drink and Draw is full of nerds who speak my language, and that's refreshing. At one point there were like seven of us having a conversation about Steven Universe which everyone loves. What's funny is I'd considered bringing my copy of the new tie-in book in case anyone wanted to see it, then figured nah, and someone else had brought the same book. (I brought the new comic, and people enjoyed looking at it.) My friend Joy's drawing of the night was a picture of one of the characters. :)
  • Sunday I participated in Pieces of Ace, an asexuality video podcast. It was informal and full of goofiness. I also got to knock out a bunch of editing on my mentee's book.
  • Monday I didn't do much but work and edit, and fell asleep on my office floor. Tuesday involved Mom coming over and helping me clean the kitchen! It was a pretty thorough cleaning. I even dusted the stuff on the high shelves and mopped down the floor.
  • Wednesday was Jeaux Day and our restaurant was Chili's. We also listened to the latest Night Vale and talked about cartoons a lot. (Surprise.)
  • Thursday I finished edits for Lynn and sent her my commentary. And Friday I did some webcomics and relaxing.
    Places featured:
        Reading progress:

        • Completed reading: Nothing except Lynn's draft manuscript.
        • Currently reading: The Forgotten Sisters by Shannon Hale.

        New singing performances:

        Here I'm singing "Journey to the Past" from Anastasia.

         

        New drawings:


        Webcomic Negative One Issue 0545: "Not Simple."





        Webcomic So You Write Issue 53: "Everybody Can Relate."






        New videos:

        "Pieces of Ace: What was the cake you spread on your face?": Pieces of Ace had me on to talk about asexuality.

         

        New photos:  

        Joy with her drawing of Amethyst.
        Eric with his drawing of Batgirl.
        Eric with his drawing of Randy Savage.
        Eric and me chilling at Drink and Draw.
        Me with the pumpkin heads poster at Drink and Draw.
        Me with Tommy, the tallest person at Drink and Draw.
        And here's me when my Night Vale book came in!

        Social media counts: 

        YouTube subscribers: 5,158 for swankivy (27 new this week), 518 for JulieSondra (6 new). Twitter followers: 697 for swankivy (9 new), 1,177 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 287 friends (no change) and 182 followers (no change) for swankivy, 618 likes for JulieSondra (4 new), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 111 likes for So You Write (1 new). Tumblr followers: 2,207 (22 new).

        No comments:

        Post a Comment