Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Wednesday Factoid: Bucket List

Today's Wednesday Factoid is: Do you have a bucket list?

No, actually.

For a person who's pretty obsessed with lists, I guess it's pretty weird for me not to have one, but I guess I occupy a weird place in life: while there are certainly things I hope I get to do before I'm done on this planet, I am prevented by circumstances from doing very few of them. So I'm doing most of them already.

Most of what I love about being alive is continuing to create things, and so I just keep making more of what I love. I have weekly goals, monthly goals, yearly goals, and I am very good at completing the tasks I set for myself. I'd like to see my book series published. I'd like to buy a house someday. I'd like to be on an author panel with some of the writers I admire. I'd like to be on a bestseller list. I'd like to have a garden. I'd like to finish writing my fantasy series and write my next YA book. I'd like to read all the books on my to-read list. But if I was making a bucket list, I don't think I'd put any of those things on it. Because to me, bucket lists are more about the things you live to see and do--that you won't feel like your life is complete without doing at least once.

And my life feels complete (with room for growth) almost all of the time.

1 comment:

  1. I answered this question in my weekly challenge too. And I also don't have a bucket list. There's a ton of stuff I want to accomplish but I don't really see adding them to a bucket list.

    I do remember looking up examples of them to check out people's lists and they're so. . .broad. One list can have "swim with dolphins" right next to "change the world."

    K? Let's get right on that.

    ReplyDelete