Saturday, November 1, 2014

Personal Digest Saturday: October 25 – October 31

Life news this week: 
  • It was Asexual Awareness Week! Oddly enough, even though I have a book out, it was kind of quieter than last year. I was interviewed for an upcoming article in Maclean's (a Canadian news magazine) and on the Sex at the Beach podcast for KBeach Radio. Neither is available yet. My Irish interview from a couple weeks ago still isn't up. I also answered questions for an unnamed queer magazine (it's new and they're not saying what it's called yet) and for Reviewfix.
  • My mentee and alternate have their pitches finalized and turned in, so . . . next week's the big one. We'll see if they get any requests!!
  • My grandpa called me on Sunday morning, randomly, and I got to talk to my grandma and my dad too. Grandma kept saying how it was wonderful to be with her family. It's so encouraging how she finds so much joy in being with the people she loves.
  • On Monday I had a medical procedure--I had a CT scan to see if they can figure out what mysterious illness I might have, since two X-rays and two ultrasounds came up with nothing. Well guess what? The CT scans also came up with nothing. ::sigh:: Very weird procedure, too. I had to drink two big containers of contrast starting a couple hours before, drink a glass of pink liquid right before going in the machine, and get an IV of dye in my arm while I was in. Those things cause the mother of all hot flashes. Really really weird.
  • After the doctor I made a video about publishing scams and drew webcomics. Wheeee.
  • My friend Victor had a pretty awful week and it culminated with some good news. He quit his job and is moving in with his girlfriend. Yay!
  • For Halloween I didn't do anything at all for the first time ever, as in ever. I wasn't feeling up to planning a party so I didn't, and spent the day doing nothing more festive than wearing a witch hat to work. Kind of depressing.
  • I ate at Chili's with Jeaux this week. Then we went to my place and chatted and watched the newest Legend of Korra episode.
New reviews of my book:

        Places featured:
        • Cassandraswarning discussed my book and had some asexuality-related thoughts about it.
        • Huffington Post Tumblr: I got GIFed. The awareness video I participated in with Everything's A-Okay got some clips made into GIFs and got passed around the Internet more than 75,000 times this week.
        • My mentee Megan Paasch wrote about Pitch Wars and blogging, mentioning me in a flattering way.
        • The Asexual Agenda gave me a mention for my Sexperts interview and my ally video.
        Reading progress:
        • Currently reading: Rules of Prey by John Sandford. I didn't finish any books this week.

        New singing performances:

        Here I'm singing "Riders On the Storm" by the Doors.


         
        New drawings:



        Webcomic Negative One Issue 0494: "Partner in Crime."

        Webcomic So You Write Issue 41: "Real Things."

        New videos:

        Julie Sondra on Publishing Scams




        New photos: 

        The tasty beverage I had to consume before the CT scan.
        My post-CT scan sick day selfie.
        Witch at work.

        Social media counts:
        YouTube subscribers: 4,011 for swankivy (50 new this week), 394 for JulieSondra (2 new). Twitter followers: 576 for swankivy (5 new), 762 for JulieSondra (12 new). Facebook: 272 friends (no change) and 149 followers (lost one) for swankivy, 486 likes for JulieSondra (4 new), 48 likes for Negative One (no change), 85 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 1,656 (49 new).

        No comments:

        Post a Comment