Saturday, November 22, 2014

Personal Digest Saturday: November 15 – November 21

Life news this week: 
  • Not sure what's going on with my health but I'm feeling gross all the time. It seems to be resulting in me not getting very much done. Which is still more than most people do, haha, but . . . you know.
  • Started a new short story, but got stumped by the ending and haven't completed it. I think I'm close to figuring out how it ends, but it will require some annoying rewriting. It's kinda exciting though because I'm going to be submitting it to a magazine that has put out a submissions call for science fiction stories by queer authors.
  • Talked to my sister P on the phone on Sunday and made some tentative plans for the baby's first birthday, which will happen when they are all visiting us in December. AGGHHH! And now Ash is eleven months old, and has learned to cuddle. ♥
  • Still going back and forth with that magazine that wants to come take pictures of me to illustrate their article. I think they're just going to take pictures of me in my apartment now.
  • I won $500 in a sweepstakes. !!!! You know how you think nobody ever actually wins those things? This time it was me. That's good because I already committed to a vacation and if I hadn't won the money I would have had to dig it out of my savings account probably because I'm broke from a couple necessary things and lending money to a friend.
  • Jeaux and I ate at Moe's. I had a Joey Junior burrito with tofu. He gets onions on his burritos and they make me want to smack him. We went back to my place and watched Korra and talked about books. He tried to help me think of how to end my story.
  • I didn't do much productive stuff this week--just some editing for a friend, a little e-mail, some blogging, some video-making, and some writing. I don't know why I'm such a poop.
  • Next week, I'm going to be getting ready for Disney World. Hopefully I will feel good while vacationing.
New reviews of my book:
      • excellent book: Five-star Amazon review by dave eastwood. (It's not actually new, but I just found out the UK site has a separate review site from the US Amazon site, so I've never posted this one before!)
      • Asexuality In a Sexual World: Additional content in the author's review of Part 2.

            Places featured:
            • ReviewFix interviewed me about my book. Some of the content is about asexuality and some of it is about the process of writing the book.
            • The Asexual Agenda linked me for the above interview and also linked to the Good article I was in last week.
            Reading progress:

            New singing performances:

            Here I'm singing "Tears in Heaven" by Eric Clapton.


             
            New drawings:



            Webcomic Negative One Issue 0497: "Quite an Ordeal."

            New videos:

            In Letters to an Asexual #22, I talk about in-fighting in the asexual community and feature one sad example of someone in our own community trying to invalidate other asexual people as not being asexual enough.


            New photos:  

            Nothing interesting, I just have my haircut comparison photos to show you this time.

            Back: 2/15/14
            Back: 11/15/14
            Front: 2/15/14
            Front: 11/15/14

            Social media counts:
            YouTube subscribers: 4,075 for swankivy (22 new this week), 404 for JulieSondra (2 new). Twitter followers: 586 for swankivy (no change), 787 for JulieSondra (4 new). Facebook: 273 friends (1 new) and 151 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 494 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 48 likes for Negative One (no change), 87 likes for So You Write (2 new). Tumblr followers: 1,696 (7 new).

            No comments:

            Post a Comment