- Had an interview on a live BBC show this week (Monday); I had to be on at about 4 AM because of the time difference, but that's okay because I'm usually still awake at that time because I'm weird. I got to listen to a bunch of news about trains messing up before my piece came.
- Went to Mom's on Monday instead of going to work. She was supposed to have a medical thing that day and I arranged to have the day off, and we ended up watching Throw Momma From the Train because my mom found out I'd never seen it and decided it was a travesty that I hadn't. She bought it on DVD. Heh.
- I've been working with my publisher this week on submitting applications for awards my book might be eligible for.
- Book club met this week. We discussed the book Spider's Bite and went to dinner together at Burger 21. It was an enjoyable discussion and the chat at the restaurant was nice too. People are cool about asking me how my book is doing and stuff!
- My friend and long-time critique partner Jay published a book through Amazon this week and that's some pretty damn huge news. I read it in draft format, but I probably need to reread it before I can review it.
- I ate at Five Guys with Jeaux this week. Then we went to my place and chatted and watched the newest Legend of Korra episode; Season 4 just started. Oooh.
- The Library Journal review is on their site and in their print magazine now, but you can't see the entire review without a membership. You just get a partial display of it.
- darkemeralds on Dreamwidth posted a lovely personal reflection about being an older person who identifies somewhere on the asexual spectrum and what she got out of my book. She also posted a less personal reaction directly on Audible, where she listened to the audio book.
- Sinistmer gave me a four-star review on Goodreads.
- Sanne gave me a four-star review on Goodreads.
- Rai gave me a five-star review on Goodreads.
- BBC Radio Berkshire: Andrew Peach interviewed me. You can hear my bit about 2 hours and 20 minutes in.
- Pub Hub mentioned me; one of my blog posts on responding to the ridiculous Salon comments is linked.
- Finished reading: Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep. Two-star review.
- Currently reading: Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell.
New singing performances:
Here I'm singing Roxette's "Listen to Your Heart." I apologize for the belting that doesn't really work.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0491: "Open to Me."
|Taking selfies while waiting for the radio host to finish|
talking about train delays. . . .
Social media counts:
YouTube subscribers: 3,881 for swankivy (29 new this week), 384 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 563 for swankivy (4 new), 738 for JulieSondra (4 new). Facebook: 272 friends (no change) and 145 followers (3 new) for swankivy, 480 likes for JulieSondra (7 new), 48 likes for Negative One (no change), 84 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 1,589 (11 new).