- I had an interview on a Dublin radio station (that somehow happened
at 7 AM instead of the 7 PM that was scheduled in my e-mail--dear lord),
but even though it was on Saturday, I still have yet to gain access to
the playback, so I have no idea what my pre-coffee interview sounds
like. I followed up and the interviewer promised to send me the link
when it's ready, but . . . nothing yet.
- Had an interview on Sexperts
on Friday. It was shorter than I thought it would be--about ten
minutes. We had a somewhat longer pre-interview, so I thought I would
have a slot more like twenty minutes. It was a decent interview, with
none of the leading questions or judgy comments some other interviewers
- I have a TON of pending media now. Some of it
is because Asexual Awareness Week is this coming week. So far the ones
that have yet to print/air or that I haven't posted here include three
electronic media/blog interviews/reviews, three interviews in print
magazines/papers, one professional journal review, two podcast
interviews, and one ongoing blogging opportunity that's been offered to me
from a major magazine.
- I finished up my award list for my book and it's out to my editor.
- Have been helping my mentees with the last bits of their books and their pitches, but we're not quite there yet.
Friday I went to see a local singing group perform because they were
doing their performance at our apartment clubhouse. They also said there
would be free appetizers from a local restaurant, but when I got there,
every single option had meat in it, so I ate bread, whee. The singers
were a ladies' barbershop quartet called the Ladybug Quartet. I enjoyed
- Made a video about how to be a good ally to asexual
people for Asexual Awareness Week next week. I did it on Friday after
the interview and before the music show. ::faints::
went to the doctor on Monday (agaaaaiiin) and now I have to get a CT
scan. Blahhh. I have to drink something gross and go back next week. And
I got X-rays, which they called about the next day and said whatever my
problem is isn't being caused by my bones.
- Went to my
mom's on Tuesday and slept over again. We had spaghetti and Texas Toast,
and in the morning she made me breakfast again. She's been really
obsessed with Ylvis lately so we were watching funny videos of them.
- I did early voting! Voted for Florida governor and some amendments (including one about medical marijuana).
to chat with Meghan about our upcoming trip to Disney in November and
talked to Victor on the phone while drawing, like always.
- I ate at Panera with Jeaux this week. Then we went to my place and chatted and watched the newest Legend of Korra episode.
- Asexuality in a Sexual World: Introduction: Sara is reviewing my book piece by piece and this is a reaction to the introduction.
My interview with Dr. Limor Blockman. It starts at about 41:00. The
link is for the direct download of the mp3, but I think you can listen
to an in-browser version here.
It's episode 32: Different Strokes. Please note that the program topics
before my interview are very explicit and involve some pretty detailed
discussions of kink/BDSM.
- The Asexual Agenda gave me a mention for my Pleasure Mechanics interview.
- Finished reading: Six Degrees of Separation by John Guare. Four-star review.
- Currently reading: Rules of Prey by John Sandford.
New singing performances:
Here I'm singing "Wind Beneath My Wings" by Bette Midler.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0493: "Just a Kid."
Asexuality: How to Be an Ally
|The Ladybug Quartet I saw performing barbershop!|
Social media counts:
YouTube subscribers: 3,961 for swankivy (19 new this week), 392 for JulieSondra (3 new). Twitter followers: 571 for swankivy (6 new), 750 for JulieSondra (9 new). Facebook: 272 friends (no change) and 150 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 482 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 48 likes for Negative One (no change), 85 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 1,607 (12 new).