Monday, October 20, 2014

30-Week Writing Survey: Week 29: Thinking About Writing

WEEK TWENTY-NINE OF THE SURVEY FOR AUTHORS!

QUESTIONS ARE  HERE!

Today's question: How often do you think about writing? Ever come across something out in the world that reminds you of your story/characters?

I do think about my various stories regularly. I would say that if I am in a situation where I have to wait "mindlessly" or before falling asleep, I'm thinking about characters. It is rare I'm inventing stuff for them to do or "pre-writing," so I guess I'm just thinking of their experiences and sometimes I realize certain things about how they think or who they are.

I quote them a lot. People have conversations with me and it will remind me of what so-and-so did or said, so I tell my conversation partners about the applicable situations as if these are things that happened to me or my friends. It's kinda surreal, but it is part of my reality.




Lots of situations in music remind me of characters, and sometimes I'll see a person in public who reminds me of a character.



No comments:

Post a Comment