Saturday, September 26, 2026

Personal Digest Saturday - September 19 – September 25

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I had a rough day as far as energy and health goes--my throat was still bugging me and I couldn't get the motivation to do much. I sent a Polo to my friend, wrote a blog, wrote a little of my book, and did some reading. Otherwise I just distracted myself I guess. I did also post a silly poll about Steven Universe toys on my blog, asking people to vote on which toy was the worst. Haha.

  • Sunday was better, health-wise. I got a late start but got a lot done--guess I needed that sleep. I did my DDR early, texted with a friend, started laundry and took out the trash, and completed my second round of edits on my short story "Aquarius," which will be published soon. Also caught a variety of critters in my house: a beetle, a lizard, and the hugest moth I've ever seen. I practiced some music, did some karaoke, and wrote a little more of my book.

  • Monday I went to work and updated proposal stuff. Made a doctor's appointment and they asked me to come get a chest x-ray. I went on a shopping adventure afterwards--dropped off a package at the post office, bought some new plants at Lowe's, and bought some new candy at the Fresh Market. Went home and went back to work, submitted a short story, worked on my novel, and read old planners and the book I'm reading. I also did three voice-over auditions.

  • Tuesday I was expecting a hustle for a proposal but my boss pulled the plug. We turned in another proposal I wasn't involved with and then I put up the new season's decorations in my house. Starting to look like fall! I did some napping and some meetings and some timesheet stuff at work. The doctor's office called and said they want me to get an inhaler. They had called one in for me at the pharmacy. Then I spent a bunch of time preparing an audition for a voice-over thing where I had to learn a new song. (Yes, if I got the part I'd have to sing!) They had several suggested songs for the character from musicals but I didn't know any of them so I had to pick one and sing it. After, I submitted a couple queries, wrote more of my book, read some planners (and finally got to the end of them!), and got my first voice-over scam e-mail! Haha! Can't believe those awful people. I sent a Polo to Meg.

  • Wednesday at work was less eventful--we had a group phone call about a project we were in the running for and other than that I just did some background research work. I sent a Polo to a friend, and submitted a couple short stories and a query (and I had to cut words from one of the short stories). Went out with Jeaux to 4 Rivers and did our grocery shopping and I picked up my inhaler and learned to use it, and again we just read each other silly stuff and did nothing.

  • Thursday there were no meetings and some shortlist results. I spent the day catching up on research. I wrote my storyboard for my webcomic, read a couple short stories by a writer I'm talking to on Bluesky 'cause that's fun, submitted a short story, and reread a short story I wrote a while back. I played DDR, then went to game night with my friends and drew a lot, and afterwards I wrote more of the book I'm working on. Health-wise I seem to finally be feeling better.

  • Friday I expected a meeting but it got moved. I just did my reports like usual. I met with my sister P on Discord to talk about photos for a project she's putting together and I am known of the keeper of all family photos so I was able to furnish most of what she wanted. I finished going through the planners earlier this week so I am out of things I have to do before I complete my photo project I've been doing for years, but talking to my sister about photos inspired me to go through a bunch of albums my grandparents left behind and it looks like I still have some work to do. (OMG two of the boxes in my garage--LARGE boxes--were full of photo albums! It is so exciting!) After all that I finished the comic, chatted with Jeaux, and practiced some music while gettin gmy steps in.
Health Plan Update:

  • Nutrition stuff: I got my three servings of fruits and veggies every day this week and met my protein goals 4 out of 7 days (the back half of the week). It was more or less the same as last week--that I would have to eat something I don't feel like eating at the end of the day to balance it out, and I would rather not meet the goal than eat something extra that I don't want. I am still taking my vitamins.

  • Activity stuff: I'm continuing to do DDR every other day. I made my 10,000-step walking goal every day this week. Based on my phone's app, my low day was Wednesday at 10,057 steps, and my high day was Tuesday at 11,199 steps.
Books Read: 
  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week.

  • Currently Reading: The Awakening of Roku by Randy Ribay. I'm on page 220.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Tennessee Whiskey" by Chris Stapleton.


    Stuff drawn:

    My weekly fantasy webcomic, Negative One:


    #1115: ivy #370: security.

    Videos Made: 

    None.

    New photos:

    None.

    Social media counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,465 for swankivy (1 new), 675 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 216 for Not-So-Giant Women (1 new), 66 for Tides of Time Band (no change) 10 for Vinyl Impact Band (no change). Twitter followers: 735 for swankivy (no change), 3,315 for JulieSondra (lost 2). Facebook: 284 friends for swankivy (no change), 624 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 79 followers for Negative One (no change), 244 followers for So You Write (no change), 100 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,406 (no change). Instagram followers: 330 (no change). Threads followers: 91 (1 new). Bluesky Social. Bluesky followers: 487 (4 new).




    No comments:

    Post a Comment