Saturday, March 11, 2023

Personal Digest Saturday: March 4 – March 10

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I had plans with my mom but she canceled so I didn't have anything pressing to do. I worked on my podcast and planned my next webcomic way ahead of schedule because with a vacation coming up I'm going to have to be a week ahead in order to post it on time while I'm out of town. I did my blogging and practiced ukulele. I took a walk outside and found a downed cable looping down on the street that looked super dangerous. So I stood in the road waving people around it until I could get the utility people to come look at it. The truck got there in only a few minutes and was able to pull the line away from the road. Whew. Then I talked to Meg on Polo.

  • Sunday I had plans with my mom starting at noon, so of course they didn't actually start until 3 PM. Until then I just worked on comics and ukulele practice. When my mom did finally pick me up, I helped her put down a carpet, climbed all around putting knickknacks back up on ledges after her paint job, got some stuff down from cabinets for her, put up a picture on the wall, hung her shower curtain, and cleaned her kitchen floor. Also got a few photos to use in my sister's upcoming birthday card. After I got home I did my Sunday chores (laundry, trash) and later practiced ukulele some more.

  • Monday I had just one letter to send out and spent the rest of the day working on data stuff. I finished reading Cody's book I Am Ace just a little while before hopping on the book panel with him and another ace content creator. The three of us had a really nice time talking asexuality activism and answering people's questions. Over 130 people attended live. After the panel I put the link up in all the places where people care about that. Then I did more uke practice and comics.

  • Tuesday I spent the day going to like 8 billion meetings (okay, it was four). I did a bunch of research on Department designees to help my engineers tailor their letters to the right people. After work I drew comics, practiced uke, and put away laundry while recording Polos. We delivered our birthday card to my sister a day early because she was going on a cruise.

  • Wednesday was my sister Lindsay's birthday. Sister Patricia put together a very cute presentation using the photos I found and some of my ideas, and the family pooled money to buy her a bunch of gift cards. (It's a milestone birthday so we made a big deal.) I spent the day at work analyzing crash data, downloading straight line diagrams, collecting info sheets, and researching utilities for projects we're responding to a month or so from now. Jeaux came over after work and we got food from Burger 21, ate it while watching Colbert, took a walk, and watched a few more episodes of Heartstopper, which I am loving. After he left I practiced uke and drew.

  • Thursday I had three meetings and dug up data for several more projects (now working on the ones to keep us a month ahead during my week that I will be on vacation). I also took a walk to the post office to mail my friend Paul a present. Then I did drawings and Polos, played games in the evening with my friends, and fell asleep early like a butt.

  • Friday I did all my upcoming project reports and project manager reports and collected timesheets. Also had to edit and send out a letter which is due Monday (but I won't be there). Worked on my podcast, talked to my sister on Polo, and did some preparations for my upcoming vacation.

Interviews, Articles, Mentions:


  • I AM ACE Book Panel is where you can watch the Crowdcast featuring Cody Daigle-Orians and Ashabi Owagboriaye with me on a panel. It's a very chill, positive panel with some funny moments and some heartwarming stories, plus questions answered from the audience.
powered by Crowdcast

  • Spoon Knife 7 has opened for preorder. I sold a story and it will appear in this book. It comes out next month.

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: This week I continued to make good food choices and just keep eating to times when I'm actually hungry. Even better results this week. High weight: 120.3. Low weight: 118.4.
  • Nutrition stuff: I was again very close to the balance of recommended carb/fat/protein amounts this week. I'm having vegetables and fruit every day. I have been big on cereal for breakfast, veggie burger for lunch, and potato with vegetables for dinner, plus yogurt and grapes for snack. I ran out of my spinach and bananas early this week and didn't get more because I'm about to go on vacation and didn't want highly perishable produce in my fridge. Still consistently taking the vitamins.
  • Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week. My low day was Monday at 10,012 steps, and my high day was Thursday at 15,311 steps.

Books Read: 


    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Everything I Do, I Do It For You" by Bryan Adams.



    Stuff drawn:



    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0930: "Warm Enough." 






    Videos Made:

    Not-So-Giant Women #57b: Season 2 Shorts is out! Join Daria and Ivy as they watch and talk about the Season 2 shorts and cover such topics as Gem "biology," Steven not knowing what an essay is, the idea of "baby" Gems, headcanons on what extra body parts Stevonnie might have hidden (two hearts??), hot dog length standards, speculation on the Slinker, Steven being routinely asked to help in battles these days, what Amethyst would feed cats, cat habits, speculation on Steven's age when he moved in with the Gems, why Greg doesn't live in the house with Steven, Steven's perception of fulfilling the legacy of Rose Quartz, and speculation about the mysterious character in the extended opening.




    New photos:

    None.

    Social Media Counts: 
    YouTube subscribers: 5,417 for swankivy (8 new), 679 for JulieSondra (1 new), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 170 for Not-So-Giant Women (lost 2), 69 for Tides of Time Band (no change). Twitter followers: 876 for swankivy (no change), 3,724 for JulieSondra (23 new). Facebook: 297 friends for swankivy (no change), 638 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 82 followers for Negative One (no change), 241 likes for So You Write (no change), 94 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,437 (2 new). Instagram followers: 257 (2 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment