Saturday, March 4, 2023

Personal Digest Saturday: February 25 – March 3

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I had to finish my podcast planning and then my blogging. I got kinda sidetracked trying to put together the meal plan for our upcoming vacation, but was happy to come out of it with a map of our meals and a full shopping list, plus a couple other documents for our reference. Had to squeeze some walking in before the podcast recording started. Daria and I caught up for more than an hour before we actually started our recording. We got done close to midnight doing our recordings for "Onion Gang" and the season 4 shorts. Sadly band practice was canceled because of a death in one of our band members' family.

  • Sunday I used the day of free time I hadn't planned for to get some stuff together for my next Letters to an Asexual video. I had asked people to submit stories for me to read about asexuality (either funny "very ace moment" stories or their favorite joyful moments associated with asexuality) and I got a lot of submissions so I spent a lot of the day processing them and managed to get the whole video recorded. But processing takes a long time so I didn't really put a dent in it. Also did laundry, took out trash, voted by mail in the local election, ate a potato, and read.

  • Monday I used my time very wisely! At work I spent a bunch of time on utility data gathering and downloading/processing information about upcoming projects. My crash data website wasn't working so I had to skip that part of my work. After work I listened to Polos while walking and putting away laundry. Then I drew my monthly webcomic, processed more of the video, and even got some time to screw around on Twitter a little. Finished some stuff online and donated to a fundraiser.

  • Tuesday I spent a LOT of frustrating time on the crash data site trying to see if it was messing up because of anything I was doing. Couldn't get it to work. Processed some light pole data into a spreadsheet for my coworkers. Talked to Meg about vacation planning. Finally finished processing Letters to an Asexual #100 (the transcript takes a long time to type up on long videos, and this one was over 90 minutes long). I had to redo the processing at one point because I left in something I meant to cut out so I had to reupload and everything. I did get it up before the end of the day though which was good because I like to get them done once a month. I also paid my taxes and paid Mom's taxes and talked to Mom on the phone about when I would come help her with some stuff at her house she can't do by herself.

  • Wednesday I got assigned even more work to do for upcoming projects so each one is going to be a whole process now. Don't mind at all, since this is one way I can definitely help my coworkers. The crash statistics page was STILL misbehaving so I just focused on the other data and utilities for upcoming projects, and instead of having like 2 like usual we have SEVEN so I was VERY busy. Missed out on paying Tony for cutting my lawn because he left before I could get out there. Argh! Went out with Jeaux and we got McAlister's food, watched Colbert, and took our walk. We started watching Heartstopper, only one episode but YAY I love it. After he left I practiced ukulele.

  • Thursday I sent a report to a coworker before going out and getting my first professional massage. It was pretty nice and I was happy with it. Came back to work after and the crash statistics site WAS WORKING AGAIN so I got to go handle the backlog of crash stats I hadn't been able to look up. I took a nap after work, wrote a webcomic, and played games with friends online. After, I worked on Not-So-Giant Women's next episode.

  • Friday I had a meeting and spent the rest of the day working on upcoming project reports and crash data. After work we did some planning for what to get my sister for her birthday and I worked on my comic. I got it posted, got my steps in, worked on Not-So-Giant Women some more, and practiced ukulele.

Interviews, Articles, Mentions:


New Reviews:

  • Amazon Customer gave The Invisible Orientation a three-star review on Audible.
  • Jacqui gave The Invisible Orientation a one-star review on Goodreads. (The reader compared me to an "unqualified male anthropologist" and suggested the pushback asexual people receive is too unsubstantiated to know if it actually happens. Heh.)
  • Defne gave The Invisible Orientation a three-star review on Goodreads. (One thing they mentioned is that I argue asexuality isn't an inherently queer orientation which is out of date. That's not what the book says. I do say that some people, including some asexual people, don't consider asexuality queer, and that is still true today; it should be okay if some people don't identify as queer even if some others with the same identity do. I say this as someone who is asexual and identifies as queer on basis of asexuality, and the book absolutely does also contain the perspective that asexuality IS inherently queer.)

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: I really buckled down and made an effort to a) make good food choices and b) not eat when I'm not hungry. I'm finally seeing some results from that. High weight: 121.0. Low weight: 119.5.
  • Nutrition stuff: I stuck very close to the balance of recommended carb/fat/protein amounts this week. It helps that I would look at how things looked when evening approached and choose my dinner to help balance it. I'm having vegetables and fruit every day and I feel really good about it. Still consistently taking the vitamins.
  • Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week. My low day was Thursday at 10,006 steps, and my high day was Monday at 11,386 steps.

Books Read: 

  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week.
  • Currently Reading: A Deadly Education by Naomi Novik. I'm on page 100.
  • Currently Reading: I Am Ace by Cody Daigle-Orians. I'm on page 34.

    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Homeward Bound" by Simon and Garfunkel.



    Stuff drawn:



    Webcomic So You Write Issue 141: "Happy For You." 









    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0929: "Just Not Sticking." 





    Videos Made:

    Letters to an Asexual #100 is out! I usually feature ignorant people's letters in this series, but for my milestone 100th episode, I took submissions from the community to feature their moments of asexuality-related joyful experiences and their stories of being too ace for words. I hope you enjoy them.




    New photos:

    None.

    Social Media Counts: 
    YouTube subscribers: 5,409 for swankivy (lost 4), 678 for JulieSondra (2 new), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 172 for Not-So-Giant Women (lost 1), 69 for Tides of Time Band (no change). Twitter followers: 876 for swankivy (no change), 3,701 for JulieSondra (17 new). Hive Social and Post I'm removing because I haven't been using them so they never change. Facebook: 297 friends for swankivy (no change), 638 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 82 followers for Negative One (1 new), 241 likes for So You Write (no change), 94 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,435 (1 new). Instagram followers: 255 (lost 2).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment