Saturday, September 24, 2022

Personal Digest Saturday: September 17 – September 23

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I got up a bit late and played around in the morning not doing much, but then I walked to the post office and had to walk back with my package unsent because the self-service kiosk had its drop-off bin taped up and out of service. After I got back I jumped into blogging, did a LJ blog too, sent some Polos, and ate a lot. Recorded a Letters to an Asexual video and helped my sister and nephew with comics.

  • Sunday I had breakfast and went to Sarasota with Dad to have band practice. We added a new member to our band for keyboard! So we were trying our songs out with her participating. Then we ate at Ford's and I had a weird veggie burger, and after Dad took me home, I talked to Jeaux about awful videos, did laundry, and took out the trash. I ended up going to take a nap but sleeping late into the night.

  • Monday I went back to work and handled one more letter, a utility meeting, data fixes, stamps, and accounting tasks. After work I updated some personal files and listened to news. Did some Polos and played games with my pals online. Made a music playlist for the band gig coming up and went to bed early.

  • Tuesday I handled some track changes document stuff, collected some teaming documents, finalized a letter, went to a meeting, and fixed some data. Finally got to walk to the post office and actually send the package I had tried to send Saturday. Then I chatted to Tony outside (who recommended an ice cream place that Jeaux and I should go to), answered some online messages, found out we are going to get to be in the audience at the Colbert show when we go to New York, updated personal files, and worked on my Halloween costume.

  • Wednesday work was more low-key--did some reports and submitted some support material. Ate too many beaver nuggets and had a discussion with Jeremy about his book. Practiced some music. Went grocery shopping with Jeaux and got Chinese food at Wok On By, and picked up ice cream at the place Tony recommended, Tanya & Matt's. It ended up being so delicious! We watched Colbert and talked about friendship.

  • Thursday I had some trouble with my computer connecting but eventually got on. Collected teaming materials and helped gather some data for a report. Went to two meetings. Mom came over because she wanted me to fix her phone but the phone was already fixed when she gave it to me. I let her try my ice cream that was left over and she ate all of it! I redecorated for the equinox and Mom helped a little. When she left she accidentally left her phone at my house. In the evening I worked on my comic and podcast.

  • Friday I worked on upcoming project reports, timesheets, data updates, and processing a traffic count report. Talked to Meggie about exciting stuff. Finished the comic while processing the podcast. Crammed in my walking and karaoke and went to bed early.

Interviews, Articles, Mentions:

  • QuizPin has an Asexuality Test and mentions my work, though there are some questionable quotes that were lifted from places that didn't quite get it right.

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: After the weird spike last week I was very conservative with my eating EXCEPT for two things: Eating a whole bag of Beaver Nuggets and eating a heavy meal plus ice cream on Wednesday. And . . . I ended up with the same high and low as last week. Not great. I'm down from the peak again but we'll see what I do next. High weight: 120.2. Low weight: 117.6.
  • Nutrition stuff: Drank more water this week (good!). And the nutrition balance has been decent between carbs, fats, and protein (except one day I was really low on protein). I would say I did a mostly okay job eating fruits and vegetables but there were some days I didn't do as well. Still consistently taking the vitamins.
  • Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week. My low day was Friday at 10,008 steps, and my high day was Tuesday at 13,612 steps.
Books Read: 

  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week.

  • Currently reading: You Too? by Janet Gurtler. I'm on page 64.

    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Thank You" by Dido.



    Stuff drawn:




    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0906: "Beyond My First Thought." 





    Videos Made:

    Letters to an Asexual #95 ("ACTUALLY, you have Asperger's") is out. In this video, a dude insists I have Asperger's Syndrome and hollers that his psychology degree means he's right and I'm wrong. (Also, after becoming infuriated when I told him how irresponsible it is to diagnose people from a video, he how illogical I was being, then threatened me and called me a bitch.) I explore some elements of the autism spectrum and why people should not use autism or asexuality as insults.


    Not-So-Giant Women Episode 48: Story for Steven is out. Join Daria and Ivy as they watch and talk about "Story for Steven" and cover such topics Greg's rockstar life, Rose's interaction style, the younger Gems' old outfits, Beach City back in the day, Owlmethyst, Marty and his weird teeth, Gems' understanding of human concepts, Rose's possible human-dating habits, who added "please" to the "keep off" sign, Greg liking huge women, the origin of Steven's shirts, whether Greg and Rose had love at first sight, the show's balance between heavy emotions and wacky space rock fun, and Rose's giant tubular hair.



    New photos:

    Tides of Time, now including Anne

    In front of Tanya & Matt's ice cream

    Ice cream with Jeaux (I had pumpkin pie, he had cookie dough)

    Mom ate the rest of my ice cream


    Social Media Counts: 

    YouTube subscribers: 5,426 for swankivy (lost 2), 676 for JulieSondra (no change), 18 for v & V Vids (no change), 150 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change). Twitter followers: 910 for swankivy (no change), 3,430 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 294 friends for swankivy (no change), 638 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 81 followers for Negative One (no change), 237 likes for So You Write (lost 1), 92 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (1 new). Tumblr followers: 2,445 (lost 3). Instagram followers: 246 (lost 1).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment