Life news this week:
- Saturday I finished up planning for podcasts and processed some photos. I did some saving and deleting of screencaps from my phone to clear out space. Did some blogging and worked on my video transcript for Laurann's video. And then I had a very long and satisfying recording session with Daria making podcasts for two of my favorite Steven Universe episodes: "Lion 3: Straight to Video" and "Alone Together." Went to bed after a late-night snack. Very happy!
- Sunday I got up late and wasted some morning time playing around. I did another ace interview, this time with an ace named Destiny, and I typed up more of Laurann's transcript. Then I did chores: laundry, dishes, trash. Played a trivia game and silly solitaire stuff to relax. And posted some recipes on Tumblr. Oh, and I learned a song for karaoke that my friend Reeny wanted me to try!
- Monday began my tenth week of working from home. Work was pretty stressful because were focusing on our impending group interview for the work we're trying to win! Monday was packed with interview practices and also editing a letter for a different project. Then I drew a lovely picture after work (more fan art), ate some eggs, and tried to learn a new song on ukulele but it's pretty hard.
- Tuesday I had to get up early for more interview practice. We did two practice runs in the morning and had to dress up in our private office space and homes for the first historic socially distant interview! It went well even though the question I got was way more detailed than I had practiced, but I did fine and people on my team complimented me. Guess I have a lot of experience talking to a webcam, haha. After work I just took naps in between working on transcripts. I tried to eat a piece of defrosted cake, but it wasn't very good.
- Wednesday was a bit slower at work, thank goodness, but I got some utility coordination done on a local project and processed some stuff for a new employee we just hired, and had to take a break to get a grocery list from my mom because Wednesday is my grocery day and she for some reason didn't want to ask her roommate to do the errand. Happily, Jeaux agreed to help out with that because he is the world's biggest sweetheart. We did our shopping and errands, and then we made nuggets (chicken for him, fake chicken for me) and fries and we watched What We Do in the Shadows and started the last season of She-Ra. It was so good we kept watching it past when we usually go to bed. Also, this was the 15-year anniversary of my webcomic, and I've STILL never missed a weekly update!
- Thursday I got a lot knocked out on utilities and spent most of the day updating this database I do (though it was for a district we really don't work in so I am not sure how useful it will be). I wrote and drew my webcomic and talked on the phone to Victor.
- Friday was good! I did a different database in the morning, took care of timesheet stuff, and finally started my data entry for another work order for our RCI project. I also got to chat with the new employee who went on the interview with me. She is really nice and I think it's going to be cool working with her. Hooray for having other ladies to work with for once! Also struggled with some mom stuff because she wanted help getting cigarettes (she still isn't allowed to drive after the seizure and still didn't want to ask her roomie) but a lot of the delivery places for alcohol and cigarettes have a waiting period and she didn't like it so she ended up asking the roomie anyway. After work I worked on my comic and Jeaux came by to pick up the milk he accidentally left at my house. We ended up making dinner together and watching the rest of She-Ra because we really wanted to know what happens. :D It was great!
New Reviews of My Book:
- Shelby Lynne gave it a five-star review on Goodreads.
- Jordan Trotter gave it a five-star review on Amazon.
Food Plan Update:
- Nothing really to report! Just being somewhat moderate about what I shove in my face, I guess!
- Finished Reading: Nothing this week! I didn't ride the bus at all and was very busy at home--did not make time for reading.
This week's karaoke song is "Caught in the Middle" by A1.
|It's Steven napping with Bismuth!|
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0784: "What a Kid Is."
Ace Interview #1 with Laurann is up. It is very long; the others I'm doing weren't nearly as long but we had a lot of stuff to talk about and Laurann had prepared a lot of material!
|My interview presentation|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,269 for swankivy (no change), 677 for JulieSondra (lost 2), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 100 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change). Twitter followers: 960 for swankivy (lost 3), 1,359 for JulieSondra (lost 2). Facebook: 299 friends (no change) and 218 followers (lost 1) for swankivy, 636 likes for JulieSondra (lost 2), 61 likes for Negative One (no change), 160 likes for So You Write (no change), 80 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (2 new). Tumblr followers: 2,486 (no change). Instagram followers: 202 (lost 1).