Sunday, May 3, 2020

Personal Digest Saturday (but posted on Sunday!): April 25 – May 1

Life news this week:
  • Saturday I got up kinda late and made brunch so I could hang out digitally with my friends Meghan, Fred, and Kathy. We all chilled and had our food and caught up and had some fun. I had french toast. Had a nap after, organized some photos, practiced ukulele, and took some time out for talkies with my sister. Finally, I wrapped up the day recording a song and finishing my blogging.
  • Sunday I started a new eating plan which is kinda overdue. Somehow though I also was eating cookies for breakfast. Welp. Some things don't change. Did some morning reading and did some drafts for my writing webcomic. Practiced ukulele. Had a call with my family to catch up, sitting outside at my patio table. Took out the trash and had a potato. Talked to Jeaux on the phone and finished a podcast edit. Found out I won Best of Crafts 2020 on Steven Universe Amino.
  • Monday began my seventh week of working from home. Couldn't get in immediately because my computer at the office was off after power problems. My boss had to go to the office and turn it on. I ended up chatting with a new employee on the phone accidentally when I called in to get voicemail. Finally we hired another lady! Cool. I got all the RCI data done for my inventory project and had to process timesheets and read a letter. Then I went back to reading a book--I'm providing a blurb for it. I took a walk in the late afternoon and got a little lost in my own neighborhood. Some things never change.
  • Tuesday was a slow day. Got some file requests out and did an update on data again. After work, managed to finish the book I was reading and write up a blurb. In between that, I wrote a rant about misconceptions and played a word game and posted the new podcast.
  • Wednesday I got to take most of the day off to make up for working a lot last pay period. I planned a video, talked to my lawn maintenance person, recorded and posted a new Letters video, helped my mom install an app, and got my stuff ready to go out with Jeaux. We went grocery shopping, came home, and made vegetarian shepherd's pie. Watched What We Do in the ShadowsBrooklyn Nine-Nine, and Owl House, and talked about social justice.
  • Thursday was another most-of-the-day-off except I went to a meeting and finished some small things. Wrote a storyboard for my weekly comic, talked to Victor, and drew pictures.
  • Friday was a full work day again. I got a lot done--stuff for the new employees, data updates, forms for an upcoming proposal, etc. Paid bills and finished my comic. I cut it really close though--I procrastinated a lot because I had to have a big fat rant to Jeaux about something ridiculous that happened online. In the middle of the night Mom and I were both still awake so we had a wee-hours phone call that was nice.

New reviews of my book:


Reading progress:
  • Finished Reading: ACE: What Asexuality Reveals About Desire, Society, and the Meaning of Sex. Five-star review.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Hammer to Fall" by Queen.




    Stuff Drawn:




    Webcomic So You Write Issue 107: "Credentials."








    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0781: "Something Nice."









    New videos: 

    "Independent Together" ukulele cover: I'm singing a cool song from the Steven Universe movie that I just learned on uke.





    Letters to an Asexual #78 is about someone shaming "self diagnosed" people and hoping asexual communities weren't accepting such people.




    Not-So-Giant Women #8: Serious Steven involves Daria and me discussing such topics as Steven's hilarious way of being "serious," Garnet's support for Steven through the maze, theories on whether the Gems keep score with who bubbles what, the first hints of a Gem battle, Zelda references, Garnet's potential inner world, which Gem would be which Ninja Turtle, and guesses at Hogwarts Houses for the Gems.




    New photos:

    There's not much to photograph right now in quarantine, now that the baking has ended.
    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,264 for swankivy (lost 2), 679 for JulieSondra (2 new), 17 for v & V Vids (lost 1), 101 for Not-So-Giant Women (2 new). Twitter followers: 965 for swankivy (2 new), 1,359 for JulieSondra (no change). Facebook: 298 friends (no change, but I added my friend's husband and then unfriended an old contact--nothing huge, but it was a last-straw kind of deal) and 220 followers (lost 1) for swankivy, 639 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 61 likes for Negative One (lost 1), 160 likes for So You Write (no change), 72 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,486 (lost 3). Instagram followers: 201 (2 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment