Saturday, September 14, 2019

Personal Digest Saturday: September 7 – September 13

Life news this week:
  • This was kind of a blah week. Saturday I got to see my mom, at least! It's been forever. But I had to go through a bunch of mail for her and deal with stuff. With her 65th birthday around the corner, she was getting a lot of Medicare spam! Gotta figure out what to recommend since it's pretty overwhelming for someone intimidated by paperwork, so my sister and I are going to help her. We hung out and tried some cake. :) Later I went home and finished my blogging and posted a singing cover.
  • Sunday I finally got back out to my outdoor table! It wasn't in bad shape at all even though I hadn't been out there to clean it off for the past few weeks. I sat outside and relaxed with coffee and finally got an e-mail out to a friend. Mostly besides that I did too much sleeping and obsessing over cartoons.
  • Monday it was back to work. I did some bank balancing and research and spent the evening tired after eating cake. I joined a new Steven Universe group for adults and shared my party pics. They were well received. I made some fun GIFs and practiced ukulele and ate cheese puffs.
  • Tuesday I did some productive stuff with data entry at the office and I read a letter and sent it in. I texted with my mom and Steve. I managed to get a decent cover of the new Steven Universe song "Drift Away" (from the movie). And I also talked to Jessie on the phone--it had been too long. I got some laundry folded finally. And even did some overdue dishes.
  • Wednesday was some weirdness at the office. I did some more RCI data entry and got annoyed over one of those "remember when we were all So United after September 11, 2001?" e-mails from a marketing person. What I actually remember is a lot of war rhetoric, a lot of kinda scary nationalism, a lot of chest-beating over being Amurrican because you had a flag on your car that was made in China, and an awful lot of violence toward black and brown people (especially anyone thought Muslim). I hate to be a jerk about stuff like that but that time was awful and I don't believe that it's a glorious time for "us" when we work together to hate a "them." Anyway, Jeaux and I had a delicious meal at Vallarta's and shopped for groceries, watched Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and enjoyed each other's company as always. Oh yeah, and my cover for "Drift Away" got a front-page feature on Amino which was cool. Lots of compliments on my voice!
  • Thursday was my mom's 65th birthday. She told me not to come over so I listened. I did some more RCI data stuff and had a slow, sort of annoying day. At home I got some art done for my comic and didn't get much else done.
  • Friday I did more RCI data and updated our company materials to reflect that one of our engineers left the firm. At home I drew the rest of my comic and was tired. I felt like I was coming down with a cold.
New reviews of my book:
Diet progress:

I'm abstaining from tracking for a bit because there was so much weird food in weird quantities surrounding the dispatching of leftovers from my party. We'll see when I jump back in again.


Reading progress:
  • Finished this week: Didn't get anything done this week.
    New singing performances:

    I didn't get around to karaoke this week. :(

    Stuff Drawn:


    Cotton Candy Garnet!






    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0748: "Decency Obsession."






    New videos: 

    I have a few singing videos.

    "Escapism" from Steven Universe. My first song where I don't just do straight up chords! There's a little sorta finger-picking here?




    "Escapism" from Steven Universe again, but this is just the straight-up karaoke version with the professional backing track (not played by me), and I added my own singing harmonies!



    "Drift Away" from the Steven Universe movie: Literally the saddest song from the film. Don't let my looks fool you.



    New photos:


    Being a clown at work

    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,250 for swankivy (lost 4), 682 for JulieSondra (2 new). Twitter followers: 973 for swankivy (lost 1), 1,340 for JulieSondra (2 new). Facebook: 294 friends (2 new--friended a couple people from the new SU group) and 206 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 650 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 63 likes for Negative One (no change), 162 likes for So You Write (1 new). Tumblr followers: 2,519 (no change). Instagram followers: 185 (lost 2).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment