Life news this week:New reviews of my book:
- Saturday I completed my blogging before my guests arrived! And I even got some karaoke and ukulele playing done! Then Meghan and Katelyn arrived. We hung out and Jeaux came over to test out our TV setup for my Monday party. Everything worked great! Then we all went out for food at Five Guys and bought some groceries at the grocery store. We went back home and chilled watching videos and I drew pictures. I made some hard-boiled eggs and finished making wheat rolls after they went to bed.
- Sunday was prep day! I got up with Meggie and Katie and we made some food for a very silly meal based on the Steven Universe episode "Gem Harvest." The huge cake I was making was part of that, but there was also this huge feast that was mostly made by them (including a chicken, green bean casserole, corn, and mashed potatoes!). We made all the food and I finally had my first experience frosting and tiering up a three-tier CAKE! The food was good and we watched silly videos while consuming it. Great night, even though we were watching hurricane news as well and hearing some awful stuff.
- Monday was THE MOVIE PARTY DAY! We basically spent the whole day preparing for it; Meghan made rice for Snack Sushi and I sculpted watermelon. Then, according to my awesome list, we laid out all the food, ordered pizza, and even had time to relax shortly before the party began. Jeaux arrived first to set up our TVs and everything was again working perfectly. Then we were joined by Victor, Joy, Arthur, and Yasmin. Everyone got to try Cookie Cats, Fry Bits, Watermelon Steven, Together Breakfast, Fire Salt Donuts, Chaaaaps, Square Pizza, and Snack Sushi, though I held onto the Gem Harvest Cake for after the movie. Then we settled in for our fabulous film, which was amazing as expected, and then we ate cake and talked and bought the soundtrack. :D After everyone left (some taking cake), my friends went to bed and I did a little bit of cleanup and watched the movie again by myself. :D
- Tuesday I finally had a day when I got up later than my friends. :D They ate some leftovers for breakfast and headed out back to Jacksonville (even though the storm was supposed to hit up there worse than here). I then spent the entire day (which I'd taken off of work) sitting around basically doing nothing but eating leftovers and reading/posting stuff about the movie. I didn't even really clean up. I felt like a lazy butt but really enjoyed having a low energy day, though I did do laundry.
- Wednesday I also had off work. I did more laundry, had cake and chips, and processed some cake pictures to post on Amino. People really liked the cake! Jeaux came over and we ate at Moe's and shopped, then watched Brooklyn Nine-Nine and talked about the movie a lot.
- Thursday I finally went back to work. There wasn't much going on except I had to review some plans for one of my co-workers and catch up on stuff that went on while I was gone. I brought some cake to share. My friend Steve picked me up from the office and we ate at "our" pizza place (Best NY Pizza) and caught up and chatted. It's so nice to share thoughts with him. After he left I called Victor and we talked while I drew.
- Friday was another slow day at the office. Not much to write home about but after work I finished my webcomic and looked at movie news.
- Ladyekait gave it a five-star review on Amazon.
Check out my nutrition readout. I haven't weighed myself this week so it's just the nutrition stats and, well, I ate a lot of cake and junk.
- Finished this week: I didn't go to work for three days and had very little bus time, so I got little reading done. Not there yet.
- Currently reading: The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene.
This week's karaoke song is "Today" by Smashing Pumpkins.
|Sunstone playing Game Boy|
|Steven from the movie!|
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0747: "My Tone."
Here are a few pictures from my Gem Harvest with Meghan and Katelyn:
And while you can see the complete gallery at my Steven Universe Movie Party Page, here are the highlights:
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,254 for swankivy (7 new), 681 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 974 for swankivy (lost 2), 1,338 for JulieSondra (no change). Facebook: 292 friends (no change) and 205 followers (no change) for swankivy, 651 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 63 likes for Negative One (no change), 161 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,519 (2 new). Instagram followers: 187 (no change).