Life news this week:Interviews, Articles, Mentions:
- Saturday I got up with Victor having stayed the night and we made our Universal Yums video and ate snacks from Israel! (I won't be editing any of these videos until I set up my new computer, which should be soon.) After he left, I had to do a bunch of updates to book reviews and photos, and then in the evening I settled down with some coffee and attended the asexuality book celebration via Skype. The connection was bad so I wasn't able to hear the other authors well, sadly. They said they could hear me though! I regretted not being there in person.
- Sunday I woke up early and got a few things done, then randomly went over my mom's house and looked at her old records. We hung out, ate pasta, chatted, and she took me home. I sat at my table and did my Sunday chores.
- Monday was busy as usual at the office. I turned in one letter and spent a bunch of time on plans printing. I spent my evening making Garnet GIFs like a dork.
- Tuesday there was a bunch of printing and letter updates at work. I bought Meghan a steam cleaner because she wanted one and her life is kinda being crappy right now. I worked on some book edits for a friend of my dad's, and in the evening I made some plans with my friend Sarah and finished drawing my writing comic.
- Wednesday was spent on proposals at the office. We have so many of them flying around but I'm doing a good job keeping them organized. I had my marketing class and then met Jeaux for Which Wich? and Target shopping. At my house we watched What We Do in the Shadows and The Tick. I played a bunch of quizzes and they were frustrating.
- Thursday I ate four cookies and worked on proposals all day. Preordered some fun stuff online! At home I talked briefly to Jeaux and then to Victor while drawing.
- Friday I found out I won the Steven Universe Amino Awards in the Crafts category, for my strawberry cake last year. YES! I was also super happy that I got a meeting with my boss and we pounded out a plan for these proposals. That marketing class actually helped me get organized. :) I worked on proposal stuff and letter stuff the rest of the day, then at home I posted my comic. Jeaux unexpectedly had to come over and stay the night because his air conditioner broke and they couldn't fix it 'til the morning, so he bought me a pizza and we watched The Tick some more.
- I appeared at the Asexual Community Event & Book Celebration held at Little Sister's in Vancouver--by Skype.
- My book is listed in an excellent response made by a blogger in response to someone claiming asexual people can't be considered part of the queer community unless we can prove we've been around since before 2004.
- The AsexualityCon Twitter did some tweets during the event I appeared at.
- Finished this week: Nothing!
- Currently reading: Every Day by David Levithan.
This week's karaoke song is "I Am a Rock" by Simon and Garfunkel.
Webcomic So You Write Issue 95: "Experts."
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0729: "Orphaned World."
|Had to clean up my puzzle so we could use the table :(|
|Universal Yums snacks from Israel!|
|My giant head Skyping to Vancouver|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,252 for swankivy (lost 4), 677 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 962 for swankivy (no change), 1,337 for JulieSondra (lost 2). Facebook: 293 friends (no change) and 209 followers (no change) for swankivy, 646 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 62 likes for Negative One (no change), 151 likes for So You Write (6 new). Tumblr followers: 2,518 (2 new). Instagram followers: 179 (1 new).