Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Wednesday Factoid: One Year Ago

Today's Wednesday Factoid is: How different was your life one year ago?

The big difference is that I lived in a different part of town in a two-bedroom apartment. Most other aspects of my life have stayed the same; I'm at the same job (but I've gotten a small raise), my schedule is about the same, I still have the same interests and hobbies, and my friends and family are mostly the same except that my grandfather is no longer living. I also regularly go to Queer Brunch once a month.

Living in my old apartment meant I would usually ride my bike to the bus stop in the morning and chain the bike to the fence, and now where I live there's nowhere I'd trust to do that so I have to walk at least 20 minutes to the bus stop. The huge difference is the awesomeness of living in my 1500-square-foot house with extra storage in the garage. Not only do I have the wonderful ability to arrange my belongings without cramming them in and host gatherings comfortably; I also NO LONGER HAVE TO DEAL WITH INCONSIDERATE UPSTAIRS NEIGHBORS.

The neighbors were the actual reason I left. I wouldn't have moved at this time if the problem could have been addressed, but the neighbors did not respond to a note on the door, and the generic courteousness notification was literally the only thing my apartment management ever did to try to address the issue despite the more than a dozen complaints I filed complete with video evidence showing the wall-shaking racket they issued every single night until 1:30 in the morning. You know, I'm not bitter. But at least I LOVE where I live now and don't have to deal with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment